Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so finally got my Juke :D

Hopefully I am not being a div, but the Sat Nav only allows you to put in a PostCode and not a street address, ie: House Number, the box is greyed out?

Anybody shed any light on that? Its got me mystified.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
only took one on test had a little fiddle as it wasnt doing what i wanted it may be you need to go into settings and set it all up must be in book how to do it
when i get mine i will sit and play while wife reads the instructions and tells me what i am doing wrong while i curse the **** useless thing if you get what i mean
good luck sure its just a set up issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Im at work at the moment so will be home later and get the book out, had a peak at it last night, and its a generic job with all the other Nissan cars in there as well, so gets a bit confusing. :D doesnt take much.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You cannot add road names and house numbers directly...You can however choose a point on the map as a destination as well as using postcode only entry.It's a little annoying but you get used to it.Before a long journey I tend to use Google maps to find out where I need to go and then plot that location directly into the connect Sat Nav.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
We have the connect system in a Note we are using as a courtesy car. As a result of reading this thread earlier I tried to enter an address and it worked beautifully.
First enter the town and ok it, then it asks for the street,enter it and ok, finally it asks for the number. enter and ok it and away you go.
Simples !!

·
Registered
202 Posts
12Inchmick said:
We have the connect system in a Note we are using as a courtesy car. As a result of reading this thread earlier I tried to enter an address and it worked beautifully.
First enter the town and ok it, then it asks for the street,enter it and ok, finally it asks for the number. enter and ok it and away you go.
Simples !!
Never thought of that...DOH

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oi who you calling simple????
I was thinking it was strange not being able to input street names, many times you will know the street destination but not the postcode

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I read the manual, it says to enter post code done... then wont allow you to enter a street name or number. I've tried okay'ing it, use the dial etc... the boxes are dark grey and look unselectable..

.. very annoying. So just going with find a point on the map and nav to that instead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok just popped out to the car, I can enter Country/PostCode but not address or number. They are both dark grey with black writing in them. MAPS version is Euro V7 2010 from memory, I'm guess there is only so muh information you can fit on an SD card and a GB only version would have postcode, streets and numbers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
simps said:
Thats just rubbish!
Aye, it sucks alittle, you can work around it by using the map to find out where your going and nav to a precise place. Its a really really daft part of the Nav system and I cant find anything about an upgrade/side grade to the maps to get it working.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the more I learn about it, the more of a waste of space it seems to be, methinks Alpine or Pioneer may be seeing some of my hard earned.
I visit clients for a living and often don't have a postcode or know even vaguely where they are, yes I could googlemaps them and then find the relevant part of the map on the connect..... or I can use one of the nav programmes on my iphone.. sigh

·
Registered
115 Posts
kring said:
Yeah I read the manual, it says to enter post code done... then wont allow you to enter a street name or number. I've tried okay'ing it, use the dial etc... the boxes are dark grey and look unselectable..

.. very annoying. So just going with find a point on the map and nav to that instead.

In the “Postcode/City box type in the City name (do not type postcode) press OK.
Then type street in Street box press OK.
Type in House No press OK
It works for me.
Page 4-6 in connect owners manual.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mines the same as you Strof.....dont know what theyre on about earlier!!!

Satnav wouldnt be much use if it only accepted postcodes!!!

Andy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hehe see I said I was being a div, stupid design though and very lazy, postcode + house number is enough to get an address :/ so its not really intuitive. Bit of a fail on the user friendly interface, but it works :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts