Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I switch the engine on I get the Safety message on the Nissan Connect screen that you have to press the "I accept" button. Any way around this?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i get that everytime i go into satnav but not when i start or tune to radio
turn the nav off see if it stops it
I am guessing its self preservation note in this day of suing Nissan probabaly doesnt want to end up in court when some idiot cars astray and blames the satnav

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'd it wasn't there ,every time you had an accident or speeding fine you could argue the sat nav was to blame.
So its there due that reason.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's the same on my X Trail, it's Nissan's protection against litigation, can't blame them!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nearly all manufacturers have this, it is there for a purpose and pressing the acceptance means you agree to comply wityh the rules regarding such devices. Sat Nav's are for guidance purposes only and the disclaimer is an aid to defferring responsibility from the manufacturers when Mrs jones decides to turn left on to a live railway track instead of the road junction just afterwards.
There was a case where one chapwas caught speeding in a 30mph zone when his external Sat Nav showed the limit to be 40Mph, his argument was that he was sticking religiously to the speed limit shown on the device...The speedlimit on the road had recently changed!
Just proves that there is no substitute for common sense and good eyesight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts