Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Could someone please let me know if the nissan connect maps covers Europe or are UK only ?

If UK only can European maps be added ?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
The whole of Europe?(I'm interested in Eastern Europe, specifically Poland as I occasionally drive there)Thanks,Steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject of the connect maps.

Are there regular updates for the maps and where can you get them cheap?

Ouch!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You must be able to update them, new roads are always being laid, if you couldn't update it, it would be useless in a couple of years. I guess it must be doable as that's why it has a removable SD card

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dinski said:
You must be able to update them, new roads are always being laid, if you couldn't update it, it would be useless in a couple of years. I guess it must be doable as that's why it has a removable SD card
Sorry but the Nissan Conect Sat Nav maps cannot be updated as yet, unless you get one from ebay. Sept 2010 is the latest available.Read the questions on the link I have provided.
http://www.clubnissan.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2997&PN=1Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm pretty sure all that means is that their isn't an update available at this time, but I'm sure by next year there will be.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dinski said:
I'm pretty sure all that means is that their isn't an update available at this time, but I'm sure by next year there will be.
If you read the forum link properly, you will find that Nissan have not updated any of their Sat Navs as none are yet available. When they are, it will cost around £300 to update. Might as well buy a Navman, or Tom Tom top end sat nav for around £200 + which can be updated every three months or so on line.

These in car Sat Navs (except Renault who use the Tom Tom) are not what they are made ot to be. I was told by the Vauxhall dealer not to have the built in Sat Navs, because they can't be updated. So I use a stand alone Navman which cost me £78 from Argos, thus saving £328 for the cost of Vauxhalls £400 built in Sat Nav. By the way, my present car is a Vauxhall Zafira, which I am changing for a Juke in September. And yes it will have the Nissan Conect Sat Nav, but if it gets out of date, I can always plug in my Navman. Most in car sat navs are just a con.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
Dinski said:
If you read the forum link properly, you will find that Nissan have not updated any of their Sat Navs as none are yet available. When they are, it will cost around £300 to update. Might as well buy a Navman, or Tom Tom top end sat nav for around £200 + which can be updated every three months or so on line.

These in car Sat Navs (except Renault who use the Tom Tom) are not what they are made ot to be. I was told by the Vauxhall dealer not to have the built in Sat Navs, because they can't be updated. So I use a stand alone Navman which cost me £78 from Argos, thus saving £328 for the cost of Vauxhalls £400 built in Sat Nav. By the way, my present car is a Vauxhall Zafira, which I am changing for a Juke in September. And yes it will have the Nissan Conect Sat Nav, but if it gets out of date, I can always plug in my Navman. Most in car sat navs are just a con.
I did read it properly thank you, and I stand by what I said, (don't panic) lol I'm sure they will bring an update out, they would be stupid to miss out on easy money. Edit I pressed update post before I finished typing. **** iPad.
Cheaper options will be available in time its like anything it always gets cheaper the longer things are out. Edited by: Dinski

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well I hope you are right Dinski, but if it isn't updated soon, new models now being built will have the Sept 2010 maps, it is already 10 months out of date.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
cant answer this for fact but the connect system has been around a few years and as far as I know only Nissan do update SD cards at a seriously inflated price of between £200- £300
as others have said maybe someone will come along with a discount version

·
Registered
912 Posts
When you come to think of it, these built in sat navs that are not updatable are a rip off really. Why don't manufactures use sat navs, like Navman, Garmin, Tom tom etc that are updatable. If Renault can do it, why not other car manufacturers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts