Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone able to confirm if the Nissan connect radio system is FM or DAB. I can't seem to find this info out on the nissan website and I was concentrating on other things when I took my test drive last Thursday?
I would have thought it to be DAB as FM is getting switched off eventually but can't see it written anywhere.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I'm 99% sure its FM, th Nisscan Connect system is the same one used in the NOTE which is an FM-RDS system.

Sorry to disappoint! also re: analog switch off, I thought that was pushed back to 2020?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi ive just double checked and iamdabe you are correct the system is FM-RDS only NOT DAB , as we stand nissan dont do any factory fit DAB system's.

JOhn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all! Re FM switch-off, it's probably a moot point as it's going to cost money the country doesn't have, but the original switch-off date was around 2012/14. It only seems to be the UK pushing through with it as well, freeing up analogue airwaves to sell on as much more lucrative digital licenses.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Radio reception on the Test Drive model I drove was pants.....

Fee
lol I love the frank answer! :) guessing the pre-production models are a bit pants in all! either way my wife has a lovely 32gb iphone and the JUKE takes usb memory sticks so can load up a stick with best of Take That! :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
We dont have dab radio in the back of beyond anyway

·
Registered
367 Posts
don't worry I'm not totally down with the kids I still use my good old trusty cd walkman with headphones when I use my treadmill

·
Registered
575 Posts
I listen to dab radio a lot. Much better music choice with stations like Q & Kerrang in the south and more importantly Test Match Special
Lots of car makers don't offer a DAB option though and there have been problems with DAB reception while on the move in some cars so I think the original 2013/4 date is very ambitious now.
Does anyone know if the connect system is going to be upgradeable to DAB with a chip or something in the future or will the unit just need ripping out and replacing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts