Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - has anyone taken advantage of the free 7 day drive away insurance offered by Nissan (via Aviva). Just wondering if there are any drawbacks / considerations as I am about to register. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I took it as it was put across as if I had to although my own insurance changed over to the new vehicle on the same day. Had to phone Nissan Insurance to go through the details as they were having problems recognising the Juke! This was back at the end of September. Didn'tcost me anything. They sent a quote which was stacks higher than my existing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
we used it to and it was fine (a bit long winded on the phone though) we had our insurance come through on time in the end also but it's fine to use.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I used the 7 day insurance just to get the cover note to the dealer quickly and to make sure I still had cover on my old car in case the Juke was delayed.
Bear in mind you can't protect your NCD with the 7 day insurance.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thats because it wouldn't affect your no claims bonus as its on a different policy.......

·
Registered
754 Posts
chris78 said:
Thats because it wouldn't affect your no claims bonus as its on a different policy.......
It would, if you had an accident in that week. When you next took out insurance you would have to declare you had had a claim.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You'd declare the claim, but it still wouldn't affect NCD

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chris78 said:
You'd declare the claim, but it still wouldn't affect NCD
You need to be really careful with this as if you tell them about NCD they will use it for your insurance
i believe this is a real grey area and I for one would want clarification on what was at risk on free cover. Its my understanding that the free cover is given if you go thru the quote process so they have all your info inc NCD and knowing Insurance companies I suspect your NCD will be at risk in the unlikely event you need to claim.
Personally I would just ask my present insurer to fax or email cover note across Insurers long with dealers make an allowance for change over they can tax it with a cover note starting day of pick up
i sent mine by email to dealer no problem.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Our insurance said they don't fax/email documents anymore (Tesco's) and they asked if we had the 7day free insurance from the dealer. As it was our insurance documents did come through the post in time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts