Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm thinking about some mild tuning on my 2014 juke nismo rs. I've seen stillen exhausts, cold air intakes etc, but must admit a bit baffled on which route to go down, and what kind of gains power wise and also noise wise ??? thanks in advance, Pete

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there, i'd like to hear some peoples suggestions too! I just got my new 65 plate a few days ago and thinking about it already haha! Might let the warranty run its corse for abit first but i'd love to see what other people have done?

Keep me posted on what you do! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not done anything jet, but have RS-R Springs on order from Japan and a Injen Short Ram Intake in the boot....airflow is the best start to any mods...but leave the DV alone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have heard about the Injen intake a few times and people are singing its praises, please let me know how you get on with it.

also how much does the RS-R springs lower by? i have looked at a post about a nismo (non rs) on eibach springs and they said it handled well and i have seen photos and they look great, Eibach say they lower by 35mm all round

Keep me posted :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gray

Hi
I have a 2014 Juke Nismo, first thing I did was get rid of the recirculating / dump valve (cheap plastic thing) for a Forge Motor Sport one. Tried a Injen cold air intake system but found it noisy so went back to the panel filter and fitted a HKS panel filter, lot quitter and still improves air flow. Don't go for the short intake air filter as you want to draw in cold air not hot air from the engine bay.Fitted the Injen Intercooler pipes supposed to improve performance but looks good anyway with stainless steel pipes. Biggest improvement was a remap, done a lot of research on this and cam to the conclusion that piggy back units work but can cause problems as they kid the sensors. Get the ECU remapped. I used Quantum. What a difference this made, I kept the rev limiter but got rid of the top speed limiter. Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Grey

I have a 2015 Nismo RS (had it 3 weeks) and was wondering, when you said the Injen was loud..... how loud were you talking? I'm only wanting mine to growl a little more but not sound like its like a banshee.

TIA

Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cai

Hi Grey

I have a 2015 Nismo RS (had it 3 weeks) and was wondering, when you said the Injen was loud..... how loud were you talking? I'm only wanting mine to growl a little more but not sound like its like a banshee.

TIA

Nick

Hi Nick, I've had the K&N Typhoon CAI kit installed for a little over a year and that makes the Nismo RS sound fantastic, nice little growl and you can actually hear it has a turbo!

I've just removed it off my 15' Nismo RS as I'm getting rid of it in February. If you're interested, then I'd be happy to sell the kit to you? I've just spent the weekend cleaning the filter using the K&N cleaning kit.

Rich

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cai

Hi Nick, I've had the K&N Typhoon CAI kit installed for a little over a year and that makes the Nismo RS sound fantastic, nice little growl and you can actually hear it has a turbo!

I've just removed it off my 15' Nismo RS as I'm getting rid of it in February. If you're interested, then I'd be happy to sell the kit to you? I've just spent the weekend cleaning the filter using the K&N cleaning kit.

Rich
Hi Rich

Sry to jump in on an old post but do was this ever purchased off of you?

Lewis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts