Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/03/japan-quake-halts-work-at-toyota-nissan-honda-plants/1?csp=obnetwork

This was on the net QUOTE

Nissan: The company halted production at five plants in northeastern Japan and in Yokohama near Tokyo because of damage or power outages. It said two workers were slightly injured at its Tochigi plant and its technical center in Kanagawa. A statement from Nissan USA said small fires were put out at plants in Tochigi and Iwaki. Nissan said its facilities would remain shut down through the weekend and a decision on what will reopen Monday will be made tomorrow after it has better information on its facilities and those of suppliers. UNQUOTE
I was wondering if this would effect the Newcastle Plant with parts? Do you think it will delay our Jukes further?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi there is already a topic about the Tsunami in Japan, and this is what a found yesterday in the Nissan global website.http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2011/_STORY/110314-01-e.html

·
Registered
433 Posts
<h2 ="entry-title">Nissan reacts to crisis in Japan – Update</h2>

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Nissan is taking measures in Japan to conserve energy use and to offer aid where it can following the earthquake and tsunami.

Production at its Tochigi Plant, Iwaki Plant have been suspended
until Friday 18 March while the Oppama Plant, Kyushu Plant, Nissan
Shatai, Yokohama Plant will be suspended until Wednesday 16 March.

Nissan earlier announced that it will donate 30,000,000 yen to the relief programme.

It is looking at:
<ul>[*]offering free use of trucks and forkflifts, donating medical supplies, blankets[*]Providing complimentary provision of vehicles, such as trucks and forklifts, antiseptics and masks[*]Gift matching donation from Nissan employees and supporting blood donation activities.[/list]

The electricity conservation measures include suspension of
air-conditioning at its headquarters and the blackout of all dealership
signage and dimming lights in showrooms.

We are thinking of our colleagues In Japan

JOhn

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I daresay it'll have a knock on effect in Sunderland but will certainly have a knock on effect I should imagine for AWD vehicles that are currently manufactured and possibly waiting to be shipped.

Poor souls - They really have there problems to seek out there... It is shocking...

As you said JOhn - Good luck to those living through this.

Fee x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I really feel for all the people who have been affected by this disaster and for that matter any such occurance and I wish them all well. However call me a cynic but I will put money on it that Nissan will use the disaster as an excuse at some point whether that be the actual reason or just another one of their excuses for their failure to manage

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't see there being many problems for the Sunderland plant as the parts used are sourced in the local area and Europe. Although delays cannot be ruled out.

Any company faced with this type of disaster is going to experience supply issues at some point and I don't think having a dig at Nissan at the moment when this is outside of their control is very fair!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Don't actually think anyone is having a dig at Nissan in fact I for one applaud them for all that they have given to the people in Japan in terms of money and aid.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How difficult would it be for nissan to gear up the numerous plants around the globe to help out production of their cars, not just the juke?
Got my awd drive on order a week before the earthquake, I wonder what the chances are that Nissan may start building the awd in Sunderland?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
rumour has it AWD is going to built in UK from end of the year but nothing confirmed
as for gearing up plants to make other models this is a major undertaking all the presses need to be made or shipped to the plant to make said items/cars not an easy overnight task

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't mind the wait to be honest..as long as the info is fed in a honest open timely manor & the use of a loan vehicle..I think the earthquake puts everything into perspective & just goes to show however developed, stable & future proofed we think we are well you just can't plan for mother nature etc! If the AWD Is built in the uk then thats good for us buying them but also for the uk economy...more jobs etc etc

·
Registered
152 Posts
Latest update
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2011/_STORY/110316-02-e.html

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
It was mentioned here a while back that AWD production was switching to Sunderland from June this year
Is there any membersworking from Sunderland able to confirm this???

Fee x

·
Registered
118 Posts
If it's true & June is the start date for British made AWD's then the back log may start to ease!
Anyone know if these plans are still going ahead etc?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ilike many others am waiting for the 4WD and as late July was originally give for delivery, I would automaticly expect a delay to this date. I intend to leave it a month and the inquire at the dealership as to anrevised date. By this time Nissan would have, I expect have a better understanding of the situation. Itdose no good badgering Nissan or the dealerships at this time.
I will monitor the Nissan Global News site daily.

It is possible that some orders may be cancelled if the prospective buyers can not wait, which would be a shame for the economy of Japan.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I daresay orders may be cancelled but therein lies an opportunity for others to step in for an earlier delivery....

I just cant get out of my head these poor folk in that Nuclear plant risking their lives with a no doubt deadly dose of radiation... Its just like Chernobyl all over again - and look at how these poor men suffered.... Can things get much worse for them - Earthquake, Tsunami, Radiation and freak snow!!!

Good luck to them all

·
Registered
60 Posts
juke awd are built at oppama its 400 miles form the power station and is in good shape its the supply chain that will cause the main problem the rumor is that the hitachi plant is gone swept away they make important parts i.e ecu apparently there is stoke for 6 weeks build anycase we had a brief said that medium term there will be affects on uk WASHINGTON plant production as for the awd being uk built its as likely as rain in scotland this summer

·
Registered
317 Posts
nmukworker said:
juke awd are built at oppama its 400 miles form the power station and is in good shape its the supply chain that will cause the main problem the rumor is that the hitachi plant is gone swept away they make important parts i.e ecu apparently there is stoke for 6 weeks build anycase we had a brief said that medium term there will be affects on uk WASHINGTON plant production as for the awd being uk built its as likely as rain in scotland this summer
i got told that awd is being produced here in november is that true or just another rumour

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
At the end of the day delays to this disaster should be the least of peoples worries no one could see it coming its a natural disaster that is no one fault it will likely to impact on production at some point as long as Nissan communicates this and is honest at least people will know where they stand
The people we should feel for are those that have lost loved ones and all their belongings
a delayed delivery is nothing

·
Registered
659 Posts
There are other cars out there for British buyers but a new home/family/life/job is a lot harder to find for a stricken villager....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts