Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Glad to see the Juke has a following, hope it develops into something like the Australian Xtrail forum, there's not much they dont cover or havent done. Anyway I have taken the plunge and ordered a Acenta 1.5 dci hoping the mpg problems dont come my way. My xtrail 2.0dci was doing 40mpg quite happily. One thing I have noticed is that there is not much lighting in the rear of the Juke, have I missed a light. If not does the front interior light work ok covering the rear seats?
Having upgraded all the lights on the xtrail to very bright LED's I am used to seeing where things are.
I did a few mods on the xtrail, cd upgrade, horn etc so I hope I can be of some use here. Looking forward to some pleasant exchanges.Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bonjour Philthunder, hope you have fun on the forum, and even more when you get your Juke!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Philthunder, welcome to the forum.
I upgraded the interior lighting on the Juke as the standard lighting was not adequate for rear seat passengers. There is a section on the forum within technical giving details and instructions for bulb types & fittingetc. It sounds like you already know the score though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thanks for the greetings, much friendlier that some forums I wont mention.
Baby is due end March, fingers crossed, and Red the x was blue.
I was thinking those rear lights would really look good with a strip of LED's going up to the tip. Ive had a look round and dont see any mods to the rear lights.
Anyone had the rear light unit off, any scope for modifications.
I did the tail lights on the Xtrail added an extra bulb to the top, real easy if fiddly, looked real good after, it duplicated stop and tail. With the new 12vLED strips it should be easy to add a row in, just seeingbest wayto get into the lense will be the hard part.
Adding a white strip or a light unit to the rear of the passenger compartment should be easy too, just feeding a wire from the front light. Anyone had the roof liner apart? Sods law there will be lots of obstructions, still nothing ventured etc.
Oh and as for theBLUE xtrail, not my first choice, would you turn your nose up at £8 grand off a new one?Edited by: philthunder

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi philthunder - glad to have you onboard - !!!!

The issue with courtesy lights in the back id defo one we have raised with Nissan as it can get really dark expecially in the evening if you have the privacy glass fitted...

Hopefully in future they will supply lighting - they missed a trick there....

Happy driving when it comesand happy reading meantime!!!!

Enjoy

Fee x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts