Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm just about to order a Juke 1.6 Tekna in white(well I've already paid the deposit but that's a long story)

Basically I'm building a silly car with a V8 so I need my no claims discount for the insurance so my G/F and I are going down to a (Work) car between us, She has a Micra C+C Pink which she loves and I've got a Alfa Diesel. She came up with the idea as the micra is not exactly practical and getting more and more of pain to move the child seat to ferry people around. We liked the Juke last year when we were looking at Qashqai's (long story also) but discounted it because of the small boot

But, Now our needs have changed and we need a economical car to do lots of miles between us but still something good to look at and something with a high spec (I do like my gadgets) The Juke seemed the only option. Plus I've been really impressed with the micra even though its pink, she's done just under 13K in a year and it hasn't been a single problem with it,

We are also looking at LPG converting the Juke, But I'm still looking into warranty implications

The dealer gave us a delivery date for the end of March, which I didn't think was too bad but the G/F wasn't very happy, I think she thought he had one under the desk for us :)

So a pretty long rambled intro but just wondered what your thoughts were to our choice of engine and spec, also are there any must have acessories we need to order? Does anyone have the parking sensors detailed in the accessories brochure?

Thanks and I'll look forward to your comments.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum if its economy your after then only the n/a 1.6 will do, dig WILL EAT FUEL
Diesel does live upto expectations but the 1.6 petrol seems to be fairly good according to owners
March is very optimistic for delivery of a tekna unless dealer has an order already on the go the higher spec cars are taking longer to come thru than lower spec ones but you may be alright seems no rhymme or reason to how cars are getting distributed

·
Registered
29 Posts
me and the gf went for the 1.5 Tekna and like you we were told the end of march :D do you just love order banks :D so yeah i would say good choice :D

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
12Inchmick said:
feefeeglasgow said:
Hi and welcome _ I am puzzled you said the Qashqai has a SMALL boot??? - Err... THe Jukes is half the size????

Fee
Reading it again Fee I think they were looking a QQ and discounted the JUKE as it had a small boot........
Yep - you 're right **** - I was speed reading again - D-oh!!

Fee x

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm having a Tekna and have been told (by the leasing company) there are some available for immediate delivery, depends on your colour choice. For a white they reckon 5 weeks. As I'm waiting for the new plates in March I think I'll hold out for another 2 weeks and have white.My thinking is though, that maybe Nissan are creating a supply and demand situation so they don't have discount haggling.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi All thanks for the welcomes

To answer the couple of questions we went for the Tekna over the acenta premium because I really like leather seats and I also like the idea of being able to keep my keys in my pocket (I'm pretty good at losing keys)

Going to finalise it tomorrow, so anyone got any recommendations on accessories?

I'm not too worried about the delivery date being 6 or 7 weeks as it will give me chance to try and sell my Alfa privately

Thanks again all, I'll look forward to becoming an owner

·
Registered
659 Posts
The Tekna has pretty much everything.
The rest is cosmetic.
Chrome bling all over the shop. Wind deflectors. Spoiler. Decals? Go tribal?

Interior comfort lighting?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the idea of the interior lighting but think its a bit pricey for what it is

Think I'm going to have the front parking sensors and then everything else can be retro-fitted later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts