Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I´ve just joined you and hope that I´ll be welcome and understood in spite of not being a `native english speaker´ - I´m doing my best.

I´m so excited as tomorrow I´m going to pick up my new Juke at the Nissan dealer......
It´s a diesel acenta, machine brown with navi. I know most of you favour white or red.......but I only had black, blue or this one for choice.

I decided to buy it last monday so it took a week to get it to me (it was already at another dealer.)
Actually I had several cars in view but after trying the juke for a drive I had no problems making up my mind. I just loved it!

If I had ordered one it would have taken 5 months and I´m happy with machine brown now allthough I might have taken a red one if I had ordered....

What puzzled me after reading here is, that none of you seems to have bought a Juke directly at the dealers, didn´t they have your favourite version there or was it impossible to buy one out of the exhibition?

What surprised me too is, that none of you got extra winter tires, I get mine with winter tires on it and extra ones for summer. Might be because one has to have winter tires by law in Germany, don´t excactly know.....

I can´t wait for tomorrow, I´m really looking foreward to picking up my Juke tomorrow afternoon. Just hope I will be able to concentrate at work!

I´ll report how it was tomorrow.......

bye

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi welcome to the forum, congrats on purchase and the fact you have managed to get alomost immediate delivery
, as the wait is quite long at present.
If I understand you right about purchasing in UK from Dealer not many have any in for sale most dealers only seem to have the demo's so it really is a case of order from factory and wait for delivery
some dealers have them but they dont stay around for long.
Here is not a legal requirement to have winter tyres

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

and thamks for your replies - I get it now, seems to be a little different with dealers and their strategy.
I´ve read a lot about problems in the snow, can anyone tell me if these problems occured with winter tires or regular ones? I started getting a little worried reading about those snow probs as we have plenty of snow and I have to drive a very steep lane to get home.....

Thanks for giving advice!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Regular tyres are the problem. Very few British drivers opt for winter tyres. VERY few. As for the dealers it is very much "We don't stock them, you know. It's not as if they're fresh cream cakes."

You have to order. You can't just go and select one. Occasionally an order will be cancelled and there may be one available but it customary to order.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome Rubyscar - enjoy your new Juke - and yes we should have to have winter tyres here too - you should be fine on the winters......take care

·
Registered
272 Posts
welcome rubyscar.good look for tomorrow,you will love your new juke,enjoy. simmo.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Rubyscar

Welcome to the forum - you are very lucky indeed to get your car so quickly

As you rightly say - many of our dealers only have demonstrators at the moment although I did see one white one with a for sale sticker in the window at my local dealers....

you are also very lucky to get winter tyres - I would love to get them but you cant get them at all just now here as they are out of stock....

Good luck with the car - let us know how you get on with it

All the best

Fee x

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rubyscar, excellent news - I am so happy for you, I am sure you will love the Juke.As you will have read on the forum some members are finding the Juke difficult in the snow. It is quite possible that they would find any car difficult in the snow and that it their driving style that is the reason. I would imagine that you have good experience driving in the snow in Germany and with the winter tyres you should have problem.
Please post some pictures of the Juke as we don't get too many Metallic Brown owners in the UK.
Best wishes for tomorrow.
12inch

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
12Inchmick said:
JUKEOFYORK said:
Hi Rubyscar.Welcome to the club.Your English and grammar isbetter than a few on here so understanding you won't be a problem.

Now Now - stop picking on Deks.........
Awww ****,you've let the cat out of the bag. I think Deks has hired a secretary,as his spelling and grammar has been very good of late.Edited by: JUKEOFYORK

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Rubyscar ..... we await ernestly for some pics, especially since its machine brown.
I don't believe we have any posted in that colour here on the forum.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts