Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well after my good news about £250 of free accessories because of delayed delivery I call in to see the dealer today.
One of the staff who works at the dealers has a partner who is a transporter driver for Nissan. He says the delay is due to the weather. The problem it seems is not getting the Jukes loaded and delivered (although this is difficult enough) But rather, getting the RIGHT Jukes loaded.
There is such a backlog of Jukes waiting for delivery that they have nowhere to put them as they come off the line. So, they are being put in "The Lanes" which is the space where the transporters load the Jukes. As a consequence of this the delayed Jukes are moving further down the queue. (@@^**[email protected]) This is resulting in some customers getting their Juke a lot earlier than expected, whilst others see their delivery dates slipping further back.
It seems that my Dec 14th delivery date could now be well into Jan by the time they get it sorted.
The dealer is apologetic, clearly it is out of his hands. Nissan are up against it with the weather too.
I have been assured that the VAT will be covered and that the car will be on an 11 plate if delivered in Jan.
Cold comfort, but I have a 4x4 now to cope with the weather and to be honest after 4 months waiting a few more weeks will make little difference.
**** you snow................................

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
**** it won't be on an 11 plate they don't come out until March, it will be registered in 2011 so its value even though still a 60 plate will be more than one registered in December.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Who told you it would be on an 11 plate??

Maybe they intend to deliver it nearer MARCH???

Fingers crossed that they get this debacle sorted out....

Fee x

·
Registered
33 Posts
A transport driver told us the same story today. Saying that you might get lucky! Since yesterday we have had 19 cars delivered. And the transport guys will still deliver upto friday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That sounds about right ****, not the blah blah they give you about trucks not being able to get off site. I'm guessing that my car is in one of those lines - It was only last week it was 'lost' IE Nissan didn't know where exactly in the finalstages before transport my car was....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think that isa crap excuse, surely it dawned on someone that piling up the cars would cause a problem, I know we can't control the weather but with the amount of stick that Nissan is getting about late deliveries, surely making it worse by pi**ing off existing customers won't help. What happens when the lanes are full?

·
Registered
26 Posts
At least the plant is shutdown for two weeks now so this should allow them to start getting them moved. That is if it would only stop snowing up here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
DOH! No nice Juke keys under your tree then mate

Glad i'm on holiday, least I'll have my mind on other things...like going to the bar for another beer

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MrWhiskins said:
DOH! No nice Juke keys under your tree then mate

Glad i'm on holiday, least I'll have my mind on other things...like going to the bar for another beer
Enjoy you break. Hope all this crap weather is gone when you get back.
12inch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts