Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have never had a NEW Nissan before have owned used Nissans before
currently has to be said highly unlikely I will be buying a Nissan again
especially if the poor fuel consumption is here to stay.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Love the car. Never had a Nissan before. They need to improve my dci mpg before I could consider repurchase or recommending it.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
This is my 9th Nissan - you do get a lot of car and accessories for the money.

However, if Nissan dont sort out the MPG issues on the diesel it will be my last..

Fee x

·
Registered
144 Posts
Never owned a Nissan before or thought I ever would - but after seeing the Juke I soon changed my mind!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
xlabax said:
Did you make your own car using some miraculous piece of engineering that us mere mortals dont know about and that Nissan are hiding from us???

how the **** can you get that MPG ---- are you getting towed along the road????

Fee x

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The turbo diesel comes in at about 1500 revs to about 3000 revs give or take, the turbo uses more fuel than normal, only use the turbo if u need too, if not keep the revs below about 2000 revs. If you want to be really frugal keep it below 1500 revs. Keep it between 60 and 65 on motorways.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Eco driving involves getting into top gear as soon as possible and changing up at low 2000rpm which i imagine involves not using the turbo.. another top tip.. turn off the ac, check tyre pressures decide your speed and let off the gas when you reach the speed and gently reapply gas, coast down hills coast to red traffic lights try and join roundabouts without braking.... I managed to coax my Civic type R company car to 48mpg on a 60mph road using this method for 68 miles..it can be done..needs patience and reading the road ahead its a real skill and every year there are eco races with the winner with the highest percent over manufacturers actual MPG...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Eco driving also makes for very boring driving and loads of idiots blocking the middle lane on the motorways. Just drive normally without rapid acceleration or braking. I can get 45mpg on a long run in my 3 litre diesel BMW and about 35mpg around town and that is with a full automatic.

I also find that using the cruise control increases fuel consumption because it tries to keep to the same speed up and down hills. If you coast down hills you will use almost no fuel so long as you keep in gear, just take your foot off the loud pedal.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
roger48 said:
Eco driving also makes for very boring driving and loads of idiots blocking the middle lane on the motorways. Just drive normally without rapid acceleration or braking. I can get 45mpg on a long run in my 3 litre diesel BMW and about 35mpg around town and that is with a full automatic.

I also find that using the cruise control increases fuel consumption because it tries to keep to the same speed up and down hills. If you coast down hills you will use almost no fuel so long as you keep in gear, just take your foot off the loud pedal.
I like the idea of a BMW having a loud pedal..........

·
Registered
146 Posts
deks36 said:
northendsoul said:
jayannlay said:
Love the car. Never had a Nissan before. They need to improve my dci mpg before I could consider repurchase or recommending it.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you mean what she said

Bugger...couldn't pick the right en in a two horse race...in my defence..i did have a gander at Jayannlay,s profile but it didn,t help.
I then used the Jukecolour guideline..White for female...any proper colour for male !

1 - 20 of 47 Posts