Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new white accenta premium on Monday and guess what. In 24 hours it was back in for repair. Overheated in a trafiic jam.
Can I just say the dealer Benfieldswere great - courtesy car etc and a quick fix but wow Nissan come on you failed to install a part thatactivates the fan cooler.

I will be expecting some explanation from Nissan as to why it was not fiited and the checks failed to recognise a missing part.

My dealer took pictures of the engine to show them what was missing. Thank goodness I went through a large dealer who knows what they are doing and have been first class throughout.

On a brighter note - guys its well worth the wait. What a car -its wonderful

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
That is shocking news... sorry to hear that

I am surprised though that this missing part wasn't caught at the PDI..... Perhaps the dealers should've picked it up themselves rather than blaming Nissan...

Irrespective of who caused the problem - I hopeits all fixed for once and for alland you have many more happy and trouble free years of driving your JUKE

Good luck - keep us posted..

Fee x

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fee yeah agreed but apparently the part was easy to miss as it isnt obvious and pominent. Either way the dealer was superin the end and have called Nissan for an explantion

It seems inexplicable thet they arerelaeasing wehicles with a vital part missing

However as I said the car though is amazing and well worth the wait and the initial hassle .

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
A couple of things Tony - you'll need to change your signature!!!

also

Did they say EXACTLY what the missing part was and if so was it for DIG-T engines only or likely to be a common fault in all engines...

To be fair to you - I dont expect they would spill the beans to you but would be intersting to know

Happy Driving!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Fee

Thanks signature changed and yes your right they were vague about what exactly was missing all i know is it wasnt exclusively a Dig only part but a vital electrical harness i Think he said that is there to identify when the car is running hot and activates the cooing fan into operation .

My dealer said someone will be getting his xxx kicked at Nissan :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
You may be thefirst UK member with aDiG-T.

Congratulations.... have you checked if the turbo is fitted?

Edit: When did you place your order for the DiG-T?Edited by: Mez

·
Registered
345 Posts
that is really strange they forget something. scares me!
and also, did your engine have damage now? overheating is not one of the thing you want to have....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mez said:
You may be thefirst UK member with aDiG-T.

Congratulations.... have you checked if the turbo is fitted?

Edit: When did you place your order for the DiG-T?
Yeah when did you order? Would be interested to know.
You may have pinched my car! lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tony,
I'd be interested in your first impressions of the DIG-T engine as you must have one of the first in the country.
I had a test drive in the standard 1.6 petrol and thought it was a bit flat but I do drive a turbo diesel at the moment. I'm hoping the DIG-T will be a lot livelier.
Rgds.
PS Congrats and hope you love it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys - thanks for your comments - I must admit I do feel pretty special having one of the first Dig T's on the road.
With regards the damge due to overheating I have been assured by my dealer that no damage would have ben caused due to not fitting the missing electrical harness that would have activated the cooling fan in a traffic jam. Luckily I noticed the gauge so I could promptly stop before any steam appeared coming out of the radiator.I have no cause to doubt his reassuring and expert view as the dealer has been outstanding with customer service.

As for my impressions about the car - all I can say guys is it was well worth the wait.
The Turbo I am delighted to say is fitted :) and wow what a difference especially in sport mode. The car has more than enough acceleration and you most definetly feel the turbo kick in.

It is a smooth ride to me so I am not sure why all the fuss about it being a too firm a ride although yes I agree you do feel those bumps in the road.

I would highly recommend the premium as the added toys such as the Nissan Connect system with sat nav, blue tooth and reversing camera are a big bonus and not something you would expect on a car costing less then £16,500.

As for the Arctic White well guys all I can say is the North East public have got revolving necks as it stands out and I am convinced that for me its the best and most striking colour.

I ordered this in early July and deliberately went through a large dealership as they have more clout with Nissan when demanding delivery. This I feel is the main reason I got my car a few weeks earlier than expected delivery.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I would take it up with Nissan (concerns about quality control / future reliability etc) and try for an extended warranty as a good will gesture.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear your news. I have just posted my breakdown. I thought I would be the first with mine a month old but a day old is really not good. Having looked under the bonnet and the gear stick etc whilst the RAC man was trying to sort out my problem I was surprised at the lack of quality and how it just appeared to be made up from bits of hard plastic. My dealership dont appear to be in any kind of rush to see what went wrong with her and she is currently waiting for all the other jobs to be finished.

·
Registered
754 Posts
This is so sad and worrying, part of the reasons for buying a new car are that you are hopefully getting something reliable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Especially when your previous car was perfectly ok. I guess though as this is a brand new model we have to expect the odd problem and this is the price we have to pay for being the first on the road. I just wish it wasnt me who had to go through it today. Heading for a large glass of something alcoholic as I am now getting a lift home before picking up loan car tomorrow.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Hope everyone gets fixed and back on the road PDQ.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems, but you are right about Benfields I have bought Nissans form them for over 15 years and there service is second to none.

I’ve had 3 week of the revolving neck syndrome and its great and nearly coursed a few crashes as drivers strain their necks to have a look.

Will have to share the Newcastle limelight with you now. Hope to see you around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mez -Cheers good advice -as you say worth a shot at getting some extra warranty from Nissan- I will contac them
Groupie- good to have a fellow Juke driver in the North East . Keep an eye out for me Cant be many of us on the road I have seen one only apart from mine and that was before I got mine on th M6 in Cumbria

·
Registered
115 Posts
My tag is strof.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
You are the fifth that I know of, 2 other white jukes one just around the corner from me and one other red. But yours is the first DiG-T.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well worth the extracash Strof the turbo is excellent and got plenty of kick in it for me

I drove a quahquai courtesy car while the car was being repaired on Tuesday and have to say the quahquai clearly is a bigger car butit felt smaller than the Jukebecause ofthe shorter bonnet. I do love the Juke and especially the large bonnet - its bound to be a common sight on the roads soon

- just e mailed nissan customer services for a response to my issue with the missing part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts