Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm almost signed up for the Juke Tekna 1.6l petrol... ETA 17th March. (hopefully)

Can anyone confirm before I sign on a few queries I have please...
1. The dealer was unsure yesterday but do any of the models come with an alarm package not just immobiliser?
2. What's the service schedule with this model? Is it 12,000 / yearly (or which ever comes first)? Arnold Clark are trying to get me to take out the service plan (not to mention their EXTRA Gap type insurance if car is stolen or written off) but I only anticipate doing 7-8k mileage a year.

But on a positive note took it a test drive yesterday and can't wait to get one!!!

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers And

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
1 only the dig-t moel comes with an alarm and that only has it as the Insurance industry insisted on it.
2 Service schedule seems to be 18000 for petrol and 12000 for diesels if I have understood it right
we do have a couple of tec's on here so sure they will answer that for certain.
How long do you plan on keeping the car? if you are going to change it in year 3 then I would say the offer is not for you as you wont need the 3rd service anyway, You dont have to take it its a personal thing see if they are doing a deal on it,also I understand that deal is only applicable to cars delivered by Dec31st although I am uncertain if that is fact. Gap insurance is available online for around £120 for equivalent policy.

Good luck on your order if your dealer is unwilling to make a deal then look elsewhere plenty of dealers out their to choose from, although I don't think there is too much discount around as car is popular and waiting list is growing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The servicing intervals are 12500 miles for the petrol, and roughly the same for the diesel, although it will vary depending on the type of driving you do. The car monitors itself and adjusts to suit (diesel only). The first few cars accidently came with 18000 miles service intival on the car screen, just ignore it. Its 12500 or 12 months, which ever comes first.

The servicing pack is £250, youd be mad not to take it though. The first service is about £170 and the 2nd is about £190, 3rd about £230, roughly. So even if you only use 2 of them, youv saved some money.

GAP insurance, its a personal thing. Il leave that up to you to decide. It has its plus points though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sorry you don't have the facts correct. The service interval for the non turbo petrol is 18000 or one year witch ever is reached first.
I am a Nissan master tec .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone comment on the alarm system. The guy yesterday said none of the Jukes come with alarms and if I wanted it I should get it fitted later myself. Another dealer today told me all new deliveries in March for Tekna will have alarms fitted as standard with the immobiliser??? Who do you believe.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
as far as I am aware the only model with an alarm is the DIG-T if a dealer is telling you different I would want that seconded as some dealers will not be fully informed and make it up as they go along especially if it gets a sale

·
Registered
754 Posts
CrosbyParkNissan said:
The servicing intervals are 12500 miles for the petrol, and roughly the same for the diesel, although it will vary depending on the type of driving you do. The car monitors itself and adjusts to suit (diesel only). The first few cars accidently came with 18000 miles service intival on the car screen, just ignore it. Its 12500 or 12 months, which ever comes first.
Well mine arrived in november with an 18000 service interval.

·
Registered
443 Posts
And1 said:
Can anyone comment on the alarm system. The guy yesterday said none of the Jukes come with alarms and if I wanted it I should get it fitted later myself. Another dealer today told me all new deliveries in March for Tekna will have alarms fitted as standard with the immobiliser??? Who do you believe.
The Best thing to do is get them to right it down on your order.
If it arrives with out it then they will have to sort it out for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Juke monitors its service intervals? That's news to me. I read the manual too, but I don't have my Juke just yet. My MINI certainly did, and adjusted according to my driving, but I honestly didn't think the Juke did. I thought the OWNER has to do that. The Service Manual says you have to categorize yourself according to your driving environment (e.g. city vs. country) and select the service schedule according to that (i.e. harsh versus less harsh).

Maybe North American Jukes are different and lack on-board monitoring? We only have the DiG-T Petrol version. We have an alarm as an option (and I'm opting NOT to have one
).

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
My 1.5Dci is self monitoring and has told me that my car needs serviced at 18600???

Bizarre - will need to get service dept to check although I was told by salesman that diesels service intervals would be 18000??

HELP

Fee x

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 1.5DCi is also self monitoring and says the next service is at 18000?

The sales guy told me the service interval was 12,500??????

Fee - got to say the Juke does look good in white, but once the snow had blown off the blue looked better

And1 - If you haven't ordered yet Carfile.net are great

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ok all JUKE in the uk markets with a k9k diesel engine have an oil quality manager.so.it has a sensor to test the oil.
If the oil gets to dirty ie short trips cold starts .then it brings the mileage down. But its still one year.with Edited by: Juke-of-earl

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
Ok all JUKE in the uk markets with a k9k diesel engine have an oil quality manager.so.it has a sensor to test the oil.

If the oil gets to dirty ie short trips cold starts .then it brings the mileage down. But its still one year.with
So, yours is the one with the big ears in Essex.................. unless you mean its HERE

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine seems to flash the service requirement when I switch on but I can't say I have taken much notice. I will now!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
If the oil gets to dirty ie short trips cold starts .then it brings the mileage down. But its still one year.with
Hiya - #what was the rest of your post meant to say - looks like you hadnt finished

fee x

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Juke-of-earl said:
If the oil gets to dirty ie short trips cold starts .then it brings the mileage down. But its still only one year with a gas mask on to get the benefits of the dirty oil burner.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ha ha.Mickey
What I was going to add was.
With all euro 5 compliant diesel engines .they all have an oil monitor across the Nissan range.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts