Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just adding ourselves (wife and I) to the forum and look forward to all the advice and info on the fantastic Juke.

Taking delivery of our red Tekna 1.6 DIG-T (with just the spoiler and the front armrest added - but looking to have the illumination kit and other goodies added at some point (if possible)) on the 7th Sept. It's like being a kid at xmas - can't sleep now, so the night of the 6th will just drag on and on and on....

J & SJ

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
TheBujun said:
Hi everyone, just adding ourselves (wife and I) to the forum and look forward to all the advice and info on the fantastic Juke.

Taking delivery of our red Tekna 1.6 DIG-T (with just the spoiler and the front armrest added - but looking to have the illumination kit and other goodies added at some point (if possible)) on the 7th Sept. It's like being a kid at xmas - can't sleep now, so the night of the 6th will just drag on and on and on....

J & SJ
hello and welcome,god choice of model.it goes like **** lots of fun to be had on here,just join in and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi glencairn, cheers for the super fast welcome..... I went through the brochure and just wouldn't settle for anything bar the DIG-T engine, esp when I saw the 0-60 time. Currently have a 1.4 Fiat 500 which is fast off the line and nippy round town - the DIG-T will put an even BIGGER grin on my face (my wife is more conservative in her driving).

Thanks again.

·
Registered
283 Posts
JUKEOFYORK said:
Welcome to the forum Bujun.
Great choice of car but a pity you picked the wrong colour
Was going to say tge same thing!

Welcome, it's great fun, and it'll make you smile the biggest smile ever!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks folks....

Wrong colour?? LOL.... currently have one white and one blue car - bugger(s) to keep clean, also had a black car - also a bugger to keep clean. Have had 2 red cars in the past, and although they get just as dirty, they just don't seem to show it as much or a quickly.

Anyway, no doubt be spending many a weekend out on the front cleaning our new prize possession. Beside, it was the wife's choice, I wanted the blade silver or gun metal - but then we get an email from Nissan advertising the Kuro, which looks very very nice - too late now!

@jonboy - good tip there..... but hoping wife wont find that button!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a dilemma... I've invested in a little 125cc scooter for commuting to work and I've been looking forward to taking it out for a spin when I get it. BUT, it's available to pick up the same day our Juke arrives.... this Wednesday is going to be a busy day and I'm torn... 2 wheeled grinning beneath a helmet enjoyment or 4 wheeled grinning behind a steering wheel enjoyment?? Really don't know how I'm going to sleep on Tuesday!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I'd go for the Juke but if you're really torn between the 2 check the forecast. If it's going to rain go for the Juke.I've never ridden a scooter or bike before but I imagine it wouldn't be much fun in the rain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahhh..... sensible and wise words.... I've never really ridden a bike before either, but did the CBT last month in the rain and it wasn't so bad (our typical August weather).

I know you're right really but then I'll be using it to commute come rain or shine until the weather turns too severe (October to May!!) then the Juke/Mariva will be the commuter. We're planning on a day trip on the Thursday to add some miles to the Juke (a name is needed - I was thinking Jury or has it been taken?).

Getting both these new toys on the same day still makes me feel like a dog with two...... anyway, thanks for the wise words, and I shall watch the sky

·
Registered
912 Posts
There you are a perfect name for your Juke Elliot

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
think I'd rather have Gertie than Elliot, but that will give the car a gender complex, cos it really looks like it should be a 'he' not a 'she'.... unless she's been working out down the gym!

Thanks anyways Geoff

Edited by: TheBujun

·
Registered
912 Posts
How about Mr Tekna
From the A TeamEdited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
116 Posts
A Warm Welcome To The Forum Bujun.
What About, JUKELEYLY.