Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!Got my juke today after waiting 5 months (black acenta CVT). Drove it 18km and the cooling liquid leaked out, juke overheated so i had to get it towed back to the dealer. looks like the cooler (i dont know the english word for it, aluminum part behind the front gril, where the coolin liquid runs trough and cools the engine) is leaking. WHY ME!!!!! :)wont know whats wrong till monday. Does anyone know what kind of damage can happen if the car overheats? i drove about 2-3 km from the time i saw that the temperature was still ok and to when i saw it went up to full. Should i demand a new one? i really dont want to wait another 5 months! they were really nice at the dealers, but i immediately lost that great feeling of owning a beautiful new car. now i just wonder what else could be wrong. i loved it for those 18km and really wouldnt want to change to a diffrent car/model.what do u guys think?thankssimon

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Radiator leak, nasty, nasty.

Very sorry for you, not sufficiently technical to give advice.

Plenty of others here should be able to help.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Hi Simon really sorry for your woes today al that new car happiness washed away
the item you refer to is the Radiator(in english)
damage may or maynot occur due to running it when overheated it will all depend on how long it was run for at excessive temperatures, I have done this in the past with no damage
it is under warrantly so I wouldnt worry to much and I am sure the dealer will throughly check it over before returning it

also its possible it may just be a loose pipe that has caused the problem
its a shame your weekend is spoilt but sure it will all be ok early next week

·
Registered
63 Posts
Radiator|ˈrādēˌātər|noun1a thing that radiates or emits light, heat, orsound.•a device for heating a room consisting of a metal caseconnectedby pipes through which hot water is pumped by a central heating system.•a portable heater resembling such a device.2an engine-cooling device in a motor vehicle or aircraftconsistingofabank of thin tubes in which circulating fluid is cooled by the surrounding air.
If.. and I mean If.. the engine over heats.. you may suffer with what is known as a "lock up" Depending how far along you drove the car before noticing any issues.. Lock ups could mean (new engine time) but hey you have the warranty right?.. the replacement would be covered under the power train warranty aspect.Also, as a side note.. Not all problems like this could mean a lock up and new engine.. often it maybe a simple fix which could be the radiator, water pump, thermostat or maybe a hose.. Clearly there is a blockage.

Edited by: JukeAttitude

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sorry to hear this simonlimon
, if i was you i would wait untill monday and demand a full checkup. Maeby its not to bad like a damaged hose or something.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Could be a stress crack or inadequate welding that opened up when it got warm, hopefully fixable and no permanent damage done to the engine. Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello there Simon, Sorry to hear about your over-heated Juke. Mine overheated also - I picked it up on a Monday evening and I drove 30 minutes back to my house and pulled into the driveway and then all of a sudden there was smoke and steam everywhere and a driveway covered in coolant liquid. But it was only when I turned the heat on. The next morning it was ok but I took it back to the dealer and they found some sort of plug that was not plugged in under the hood. They said it was inplace that was very difficult to get to and you can hardly see where it's not plugged in. They told me that my fan was running part of the time but that this plug made a difference at what times it would kick in and back off. They plugged it in and re-filled my coolant and I've been running great ever since. Thankfully no damage was done. But it appears that this plug was not plugged in before it was shipped to the dealer. Maybe my troubles can help you solve yours. Good luck.

·
Registered
555 Posts
i hope all the dealerships have been made aware?It could have been an operator online / new and missed his operation in fitting a plug - danger is there could be many more from that shift within a range.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i talked to the dealer today. told me there is a big crack in the radiator. they ordered a new one, but i have to wait a week for it to arrive. realy frustrating! theyre going to dismantel my new car. it will never be the same.they got me a new quashqai for that time and are really nice, but still. simon

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
You've had some rotten luck,Simonlimon. At least the problems been found, and you've been given a QQ to drive around in. No compensation for spoiling your big day, though.

You should call your car Simonslemon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts