Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When D or R is selected sometimes the accelerator has to be pressed alot for the car to move. Most of the time it only needs the slightest touch. Anyone else experience this? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ours only does that when going to full lock, reversing out of the drive, which has a very slight slope
usually when the engine is cold,

·
Registered
37 Posts
We had an update a while ago, we were told that was for the collision avoidance, any idea
what yours was ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had an update a while ago, we were told that was for the collision avoidance, any idea
what yours was ???
I did ask. The mechanic told me the problem occurred when he was testing the car. He contacted Nissan and they issued an update which he installed. I will try to find out what it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What with a car that won't move when you expect it but will brake hard and almost stop when you don't, our 'new model' Juke auto is fast turning into a car I seriously wish we'd never bought. The company seems to have fallen into the hands of Generation Moron marketeers and beyond the reach of skilled engineers. Still. Mustn't complain. Though it has a ride quality almost but not quite as good as that of a medieval ox cart, at least our Juke auto Connecta is modern, trendy, fashionable, and oh-so-ooo well connected. Aahhhhh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We've belatedly discovered that the Generation Snowflake 'collision avoidance' system switches itself back on even when the **** thing has been turned off (presumably because Nissan knows more about how to drive a motor car than my wife and I do, with a comibined 80 years' motoring experience between us). Today the dashboard lit up alarmingly in a flashing bright red not once but twice, this because of the sheer horror of the car finding itself on a road bordered by a pavement along which, on two separate occasions, someone was actually walking a dog. On a lead. And nowhere near the kerb edge, either.

If ever a car was misnamed, the Nissan Junk is it.

How many Nissan 'software fixes' we're going to need during the course of this car's lifetime, I don't know, though no-one's to blame for the purchase: we did so with eyes wide open, even though our hackles rose at the pre-pubertal nature of Nissan's advertising and the company's ridiculous obsession with connecting rather than driving.

The infantile daftness extended to our automatic, which with its 3 cylinder 1 litre turbo engine actually has 3 'drive modes' -- including Sport. Ye gods: Sport? Are they actually out of school, the people Nissan employs to design their latest models? Seems not. For twenty thousand quid, a bit more maturity would've been in order -- plus some engineering expertise in suspension design (though I appreciate, that in Sport mode, our little Junk can actually corner at 200mph should we want it to, without rolling over. Whoa-hey and vroom vroom, kiddies!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with the Above Comment, surely you should have noticed all this on a test drive before you bought it, if you didn't test drive it, that was a mistake, on saying that the Collision Avoidance update, sorted ours, as for it turning itself back on it does so every time the ignition is turned off and on again as it is now a a legal requirement, to be on every car made and more than likely an insurance requirement to be on all the time. As for the suspension, the 19 inch wheels give a much firmer ride on the Tekna than the N-Connecta, with 17 inch wheels, one reason we bought the latter, it has a lovely smooth ride, compared to some other SUV'S / Crossovers, I have test drove and owned, I suggest you try others, as I have to compare
There is nothing wrong with the 3 cylinder DCT auto, I think it's brilliant, I have one, It is pokey, quiet, smooth, and economical, compared other makes I have test drove, the New Juke knocked them all for six, in my opinion.
This is how all modern cars are now being made and the technology is going to get more sophisticated and troublesome, in all of them, if you think Nissan is bad, you may find others the same or worse, If this new technology in all new cars is not for you, you might try reverting back to an older car without it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dead right, the big wheels come with lower profile tyres which gives less sidewall flex... It's a downside to wanting a so called "sporty" look. The juke from day one was designed to be firmer than other cars... Even right from the very first ones we tested on every engine spec, they did have stiffer springs than say a QQ or Micra, or even leaf. You really should test drive a car before buying one. It's like buying clothes without trying it on... A bit daft...
Again... The forward emergency braking only works within a few feet of the car. The pro pilot system is a name given to the suite of sensor systems running together at the same time monitoring around the car for alsorts of things.

One of the systems uses the radar for object avoidance. This uses an invisible "beam" in a narrow STRAIGHT line just about the width of the lane. So any slight bend in the road the beam does not bend with the road... So it will on occasions pick up significant objects on the pavement.. that's how it works... You have to accept the physics of how it works and adjust your driving to suit. Use pro pilot around twisting roads you heighten the risk of it picking up objects..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Totally Agree, and to add to that, I have had 3 new cars in the last 6 years, all SUV'S / crossovers
of other makes and if you think the Juke is stiff, as I said try some others, I find it softer, comfier and
a better ride than others, I have owned

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to the Fanbois for airing their point of view but as it doesn't change mine, then lectures and homilies are wasted. We did have a test drive in our Junk before purchasing it but it was on roads around the dealership, most of them in a poor state of repair du to the area being a half-finished industrial estate. We attributed the low-speed bumping and bouncing to road conditions rather than the ox cart suspension as we were trying not to be hypercritical, stepping down, as we were, from our much loved Qashqai Acenta Premium that had just reached its sixth birthday from new with us.

'S funny, all the years of driving here and in various countries around the world my wife and I never needed a, um, 'Pro Pilot' nor any other Generation Snowflake bolt-on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts