Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd say hi as will likely be on here a lot in the future...

Yesterday I ordered my Juke 1.5dci Acenta with Premium Pack and Metallic Black paint; should have it fist week of Feb

Will be an interesting change of car for me as currently drive a modified MINI Cooper S Works at about 210bhp so this'll be a big step down in power and big step up in size; much more practical though (I'm hoping) especially with 3 year warranty and servicing to keep costs down.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell; I currently spend most of my life on MINI forums so no doubt will become a regular here too once I have the car

Edited by: Tim84

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Tim and a big welcome to this forum - bit of a madhouse but loadsa fun!!!

I see you owned a mini - there have been loads of discussions about the MINI V JUKE but the JUKES styling IMO wins hands down

Good to have you onboard and Happy Driving!!!

All the best

Fee x

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fee.

Yep - I have a 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW though so it's the first shape, supercharged rather than the later turbo, clubman or countryman... so not really similar in styling to the Juke. Still love MINI's at the moment and the Juke was the only car style wise that tempted me away... plus the cheaper running costs as the MINI keeps breaking on me!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome Tim.
My son-in-law has a Mini as well. Can't remember which but, one of the more basic ones. He said he traded down from the BMW 2.0 diesel because the Beamer was too expensive to run. I always though they were supposed to be cost effective but, I think the servicing costs were high.Anyways, he bags first shot at driving our Juke when we get it.He might have to wait a while even after we get it...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi, Tim. I park next to my boss's modified (tarted-up) Mini. IMHO the Mini next to a Juke is Katie Price next to Angelina Jolie. Good choice, Sir.

·
Registered
199 Posts
should of went for the petrol Tim, get better furel economy than the diesels at the mo

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcomes

Laughed at the 'tarted-up' MINI! Maybe I even know your boss from all the MINI events we do!

Hopefully delivery won't be too late as I'm actually getting someone else's cancellation which is due in next week - if it is late though then I won't be too fussed as it's more time to sell the MINI!

As for fuel economy, not a biggy for me as I don't pay for the majority of fuel I use due to having a fuel card at work, as long as the warranty and servicing package are ok then that's my running costs kept down! Diesel has a more bhp and torque than the petrol so that was the basis of my decision!Edited by: Tim84

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tim84 said:
As for fuel economy, not a biggy for me as I don't pay for the majority of fuel I use due to having a fuel card at work, as long as the warranty and servicing package are ok then that's my running costs kept down! Diesel has a more bhp and torque than the petrol so that was the basis of my decision!
Are you sure ?? false with DIGT one ! and for fuel economy ???? Diesel price will be higher soon !

Welcome on this forum Tim

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
valy63 said:
Are you sure ?? false with DIGT one ! and for fuel economy ???? Diesel price will be higher soon !

Welcome on this forum Tim
Thanks for the welcome Valy63...

DIGT is obviously a much faster car and I would love one- but it also costs more to buy, needs servicing more frequently and is most likely harder to sell in the future... or that was how I looked at it anyway! My plan is to get a second car once I've moved house (likely a classic Mini) that I can do up to drive on track days etc. and keep the Juke for my day to day.

Diesel price being high doesn't bother me too much as I don't pay for my fuel, it's paid by my employers... although granted, if people keep saying the diesel has poor fuel economy, then it will be harder to sell in 3 years time!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Tim

You wont be disappointed with the torque from the Dci - its a cracking nippy wee engine in the JUKE.

I hope that any modifications that Nissan MAY choose to do during manufacture make the fuel economy better for you when it comes

All the best and Congrats on your order

Fee x

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Fee - hopefully, if there is an issue, they will identify it and do a recall for all of you guys too. Could be something as simple as the map is wrong and over-fuelling the engine; this wouldn't do any harm as far as I can see, but would cause mpg issues. Unlikely, but could be something like that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts