Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just read the article I dont actually think this will filter down to the Juke for a while if ever its aimed a C segment cars intially which as article suggests is Scenic upwards and more notable to 2.0 DCI current line up such as Qashqai I think it will be a while before such economy will hit us Juke owners although I am hopeful of being wrong as I will be in the showroom looking to change if it is forthcoming

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have done a bit of digging Deks and it would seem thata new diesel enginewill be in Juke although not for a wee while. I think this is a good thing though as the other models can act as a guinea pig - we can all see exactly how it would work before agreeing to make a purchase on efficiency. Perhaps another K9 engine will come out for the smaller models....- Would you not agree though that - The Juke diesel needs to be looked at and I also cant see Nissan/Renault not reviewing the smaller diesels.
i too, would be be in a queue at the dealership... but only if I saw you buying one first and saw how you got on!!!!Fee x

·
Registered
277 Posts
I took mine for her first service on Friday .. and did ask about the low mpg .... was told a new engine needs time and it will normally set after 5000/6000 ... not sure if they meant KM or Miles though.
I was also told that the style of driving plus where most driving is done (i.e: motorway/city... etc) .... will have an impact too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ireally shouldnt keep reading your posts on this subject.I wanted a smaller car than what i have now (citreon c4 grand) and was hoping that the juke not only looking very stylinsh and a lot smaller it would be cheaper to run, as would notuse as much fuel.I am seriously getting worried now and although love the look of the juke wondering if i have made a big mistake with for looks instead of looking into fuel economy.Someone please reasure me if you can.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beverley - I had major problems but really only in town driving....I got max 34 MPG in the towm although on resetting the trip meter. on motorway it varied from 50+I use my car for town driving and 80%+ is stop/start . With the introduction of DPF I felt the consumption had rapidly deteriorated from the pre DPF engine ( my previous 1.5 Dci Qashqai). I had done 5K + in myJUKE with no significant inmprovement on MPG during that time.Seems though that if you use the car for combined or motorway only you will get a better MPG - that said some members still bitterly disappointed although loads are happySorry - can't reassure you one way or another as I dont know how you drive.. Seems though that with the potential introduction of a new diesel engine - Nissan may well be aware of the impact the DPF has had on their fuel economyGood luckFee x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All, Have just filled my tank, rural driving av 48.7mpg thats taken from fill 2 fill not the Jukes computer, have just turned 1200mls from new 1.5dci, fitted arm rest last week well pleased.
Bigmac

·
Registered
23 Posts
We recently trialled this new engine in the Qashqai, it was supposed to go into production in June but has new being pushed back to October because of the parts crisis. It is replacing the 2.0dci engine. I don't think it is going into the Juke but I could be wrong. I will ask about tonight at work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm averaging 50mpg now after 3000 miles, well happy.

3000 miles in 7 weeks on a PCP limiting me to 12,000 a year though, yikes! 6p a mile charge over 36,000 in 3 years, oh dear...

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
schmoo_smith said:
We recently trialled this new engine in the Qashqai, it was supposed to go into production in June but has new being pushed back to October because of the parts crisis. It is replacing the 2.0dci engine. I don't think it is going into the Juke but I could be wrong. I will ask about tonight at work.
When I made enquiries I too was told this new engine would NOT be going in the Juke from what I have read this engine is for the larger segment cars such as QQ

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh billocks --- pity --- the 1.5Dci is a good engine but needs improved and also needs to be updated...its ancient!!!!!!!!

Keep me posted DEKS when you manage to find out any more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok so I went across to line 2 tonight (where the juke and note is made, line 1 does qasqai for those interested). The new 1.6dci (R9M is the engine code) will not be going into Juke. The engine is only really designed for bigger vehicles. Interestingly though they might be putting the 1.6 digi turbo in Qashqai.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought the engine would be a K9M?? - does that not exist??Thats a different engine to the R9M.I want a new engine in the diesel Juke - I would love to see a 2.0 diesel engine in the Juke - that would be fab... although the DPF is a pain in the jacksy..Keep us posted schmoo...I want another Juke - if Nissan will let meFee x

·
Registered
23 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
I thought the engine would be a K9M?? - does that not exist?? Thats a different engine to the R9M. I want a new engine in the diesel Juke - I would love to see a 2.0 diesel engine in the Juke - that would be fab... although the DPF is a pain in the jacksy.. Keep us posted schmoo... I want another Juke - if Nissan will let me Fee x
The new engine is R9M. The 1.5dci is K9K.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well the orignal K9K Euro 4 engine has been around for a while now, but the new euro 5 K9K which has being fitted to the Juke from day 1 has only been around about a year now.
Edited by: schmoo_smith

1 - 20 of 27 Posts