Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
They are great.Can I ask how much, where from and how long it took for them please

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks nicely done but can I ask why?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They where just under £80 from Eurocarparts. they are Philips daylight 4. a bit fiddly to fit took about an hour all told.
Kennf, I fitted them to be seen better. i teach driving and my beginners often forget to switch there lights on when it goes a bit dull. Be seen and be safe!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
been thinking about them myself would be a little happier if they were longer so i could get them round the corner
are they all working fine no issues with fitting etc?

looks like my next mod if i can get them longer

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know they aren't required by law for pre 2/11 cars, but have Nissan started (or announced) fitting them early ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very good point Kennyp. At this rate, I wont have one til about Feb/March, so wonder if mine will have them?!....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think they look fab. I wonder what it would like with the sidelights on as well? You would have some sort of double light thing going on at the front - any chance of showing us how that would look?!
DLR on the list for when I get mine now!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
you have double lights on the front any way sides are at the top and headlights are the big round things
in fact if you want to being annoying you can stick the fogs on and have 6 lights up at the front and if running drl it will be 8
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, I meant just the DLR and the sidelights, would look spooky as there is a fair bit of height difference between the two. Reckon it might spook some drivers at a distance!
:)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
thinking on the daytime running lights as these become law next year i believe I wonder why Nissan never fitted them from the outset and will their be an easy retro fit from Nissan in the offing next year

·
Registered
329 Posts
deks36 said:
thinking on the daytime running lights as these become law next year i believe I wonder why Nissan never fitted them from the outset and will their be an easy retro fit from Nissan in the offing next year
I cant believe Nissan will fit ANOTHER pair of lights on the front?

Surely, they will fit something like an LED ring around the main lights, or a small strip below the side lights or something?

Personally, I think the original posters pic looks a bit too much. I love the idea of DRLs, but would like to see them as part of the existing light set up, no an add-on.

EDIT - just doing a bit of web research - found this site.......
Theres no pleasing some people!! http://www.dadrl.org.uk/

andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yes andy I agree with how you think Nissan will add them and if they looked right i would upgrade mine I fancy a curvy set around the lower part of the bumper on the corners but lets see what happens next year

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another one in agreement with you andy and deks. Otherwise the Juke could look like either a big truck or something out of Close Encounters, with all those lights at once!

·
Registered
443 Posts
DTR,s are law in some markets. And they have an extra relay the BCM configured to operate the side lights .
Boaring
Edited by: Juke-of-earl

·
Registered
329 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
DTR,s are law in some markets. And they have an extra relay the BCM configured to operate the side lights .
Boaring

So does that mean they will just have the side lights permanently on?

If so, I agree - boring!!

Do DRLs have to be LED or a certain brightness? (as in theMk6 Golf)? If not, Im sure the majority of manufacturers will just hard wire the side lights permanently on. That will be a prettysad state of affairs, but would make sense as to why cars like theJuke werent released with DRLs already fitted.

Andy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
only time will tell really, given the brightness of DLR's i would say the side lights wont be enough
roll on February and we will have the answer

·
Registered
75 Posts
As mine is being delivered in February (or after!), will mine have DLR's on?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts