Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it arrived last Monday! Juke Diesel. - Not new - Well its an old one - 4 weeks old to be precise with a massive 10 miles on the clock.

First impression very nice but will Have to sit in it on Saturday with the handbook and work out the Sat Nav / Radio and driving options not to mention the Speed limiter..........

First 3 days of use (Comuting 50 miles a day) 60.5 - 61.2 - 61.0 MPG - Brilliant! Just what it said on the tin.

Only used in ECO setting ................ Now whats this "SPORT" button do?

Its a red one so my grown up kids have christened it a "Datsun cherry"
Hmmm Just wait till they want a lift.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi lister,, where in Cheshire are you. Sport mode in the diesel only alters the handling I believe.

KEdited by: Kats

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Oh well, if I am ever that way I will flash and wave (lights JOY or GC before you lot start with the innuendo)
k

·
Registered
164 Posts
JukeSkywalker said:
Lister39 said:
Now whats this "SPORT" button do?
sadly nothing worth writing home about
Do what?

Ah, diesel. I see.

Although the difference on the DIG-T between Eco and Normal is more marked than Normal and Sport.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ctrollen said:
JukeSkywalker said:
Lister39 said:
Now whats this "SPORT" button do?
sadly nothing worth writing home about

Do what? 

Ah, diesel. I see.

Although the difference on the DIG-T between Eco and Normal is more marked than Normal and Sport.
tried the eco thing on the m6/m74 on sunday,no good for overtaking above about 78mpg,so put it back in the box,and it does not improve mpg at these can you dig it numbers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all!

Sport button alters the throttle response and firms up the handling to give the car a sportier feel.

Try driving in Eco mode about 30mph in 3rd/4th gear and accelerating, then try the same but in Sport mode - feel the difference!
The downside is that Sport mode will use up a bit more fuel as the car is more 'on edge' all the time

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Not on the diesel it doesn't the only effect on the diesel is the steering weights up it has NO effect on throttle response of fuel use either

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very bizarre - it makes a very noticeable difference on mine when I put it into 'Sport' mode, so much so that it stays in 'Sport' mode most of the time!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
steering yes which why my diesel is in sport mode but it is a known fact it doesnt alter any other functions
this has been confirmed by several technicians from Nissan aswell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Ooooh I must disagree Those Nissan Technicians don’t know anything ----- Eco button puts my brain into saving the planet mode less right foot at look at how low I can get fuel consumption! But press the sport mode button and the difference is remarkable, the little “sport” light comes on the engine is livelier more responsive - the car just sings along.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">YES there is a big difference between Eco and Sport - pity its all in the mind./ But what the heck – Its nice and warm and comfortable in here( my brain that is)[/I]
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Lister[/I]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts