Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave my Juke its first serious wash/polish/seal of the year yesterday.
I noticed, on the front doors - quite a lot of pitting on the lacquer on the lower parts of the doors.This is obviously caused by the amount of gravel spraying up onto the doors following the serious snow in November/December.

I have to say, Im not very happy at this - Ive never had a car that had this rash so bad before. I would have thought mudflaps may help, but looking at the front flaps, they dont seem much use as they are so slim, so Im not so sure.

I have to say it REALLY concerns me about the longevity of the paintwork on mycar. If the doors look this pitted after just a month of bad weather,it doesnt look good for the long term.

Surely Nissan should look at placing a transparent film over this area (most manufacturers do this at the leading edge of the rear wheelarch where this is frequently a problem).

Anyone else noticed this? I cant be the only one surely? My cars done 1500 gentle miles, its not as if it gets abused! Maybe its just that the red colour shows it up more? I had a black BMW and Black Golf GTI previously and never had a problem like this!

Not very happy....

Andy

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'll take a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I will give the car a wash tomorrow and check fo ryou too Andy

Like you we had a really prolonged snowy spell so if its a problem - should show up on mine given my mileage

Will let you know... What I can say is I have hundreds of bits of tar on the car

Fee x

·
Registered
175 Posts
16,000 miles on mine now, nothing I would not expect - and it's black which tends to show every mark !
I do have mudflaps though so maybe they do help

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5523_Juke said:
16,000 miles on mine now, nothing I would not expect - and it's black which tends to show every mark !

I do have mudflaps though so maybe they do help

I think that might be the way ahead - Ive pm'ed John at Holdcrofts about some front mudflaps, hopefully they will cure the problem.

I must admit, I didnt think it was a problem until I put the wax on, then the wax got into the pitting in the lacquer and it stood out a mile away!!
Andy

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
andytran said:
I just gave my Juke its first serious wash/polish/seal of the year yesterday.
I noticed, on the front doors - quite a lot of pitting on the lacquer on the lower parts of the doors. 
REALLY concerns me about the longevity of the paintwork on my car.
Maybe its just that the red colour shows it up more?

Should av gone for White

Washed and checked mine and no rash - White hides scratches and polish marks, you'll all learn one day

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Andy

I checked mine today and havent noticed any pitting ... Loads of tar though, a bummer to remove.
As you mentioned earlier - I have the mudflaps - dont know if this has made any significant difference though

Fee x

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Fee -

I find the tar easy to remove - just spay a bit of wd40 on a cloth and it dissolves off no probs.
The wash the wd40 off with soapy water, job done!

I was going to try and take photos of this issue today, but the weather is horrendous, so it will need to wait for another time!

AndyEdited by: andytran

1 - 9 of 9 Posts