Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've only had my car for a couple of days now and so far am enjoying it.Averaged 40 mpg mainly driving on dual carriage way with a little bit of motorway thrown in for good pleasure !My only gripe so far is the gears. Changing gears feels a little clunky to me and not very smooth.Also, as mentioned on previous posts it revs high when doing 70mph. Even at 60 mph its reving about 3000 !! So it makes the engine a little noisy and feels like the engine is working way too hard. Other than that, I really like the nissan connect system. Very impressive. Had a few issues syncing my iphone initially but once set up it works effortlessly now.Seats are comfortable with a good driving position. I like being high up, gives you a good view.All round vision is pretty impressive. Those wing mirrors are enormous ! Shame they do not fold in electrically and are not heated as they do tend to fog up a bit !Went grocery shopping yesterday and did find that the boot is a little on the small side. Just about managed to get all my shopping in there. I bought the soft trunk liner which fits great, but the quality, if I am honest, is a little disappointing. Seemed quite flimsy to me but I'm sure it will do the job all the same.Over all, so far I am very pleased with the car and its performance. Talking of performance, I do notice a marked difference between normal and sport mode. They are the two driving modes I've been using so far. With sport mode there seems a lot more throttle and acceleration is far more responsive. Normal is a little sluggish when you want to pull off or attempt to overtake comfortably. Not sure of the difference between fuel consumption between the two modes yet. Ive not tried it out for long enough yet. Will report back on that later!Well, that's it for now. Back to driving the Juke !!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad you like it

The gears do loosen up I have found, mine have and I have just passed 800 miles.

Duncs

·
Registered
873 Posts
My gears are really smooth now, after 8000 miles :p They were very clunky at first. It's the same with all new cars.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I agree with all your points so far. I keep mine in Sports mode now as it is so much more responsive and mpg average is no different to normal mode. 3000 rpm at 60 is normal for the Juke, mine sits at 3500rpm at 70.
It is a bit noisy as you said.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Good report. Covers the basics. Very balanced.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear that the gears may well sort themselves out after I've clocked up a few more miles.
And yes you are right 12inchmick, my face is already hurting !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is the opinion so far page? Okee dokes....
Tekna model:
Gooooood stuff:
Keyless entry and exit (told my 18 year old son it was fingerprint technology when I press the black button - hysterical!)
Electronic folding mirrors
Automatic lights
Automatic wipers
Sound system (o yea)
2 stage Heated seats/quality of the leather
oh, this could get a very long list, so I'll stop here.

Now the 'what a shame list'
No light in the glove box. (fffflipin annoying)
No lights on either of the sun visor mirrors. (I don't want the centre lights on every time)
Annoying screen that you can never turn off to have blank, esp when you don't need the sat nav.
Annoying female voice on the sat nav that you can't change, seems cheap basic nav to me
Don't even ask about the no jack or wheel brace supplied
(I can cope withthe get your own spare, but still stinks)
Whiney engine sound like a hovver mower (Ihope it'll 'bed in')
The horn sounds like The Roadrunner (oh pleese, who picked that Nissan?!!! - give it some throat!)
I'll end it here before I upset too many people, as I do like my Juke!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ordena said:
The horn sounds like The Roadrunner (oh pleese, who picked that Nissan?!!! - give it some throat!)
Most modern cars come with a weedy horn now, to discourage road rage!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ahh, see what you mean Storm', never thought of that, I only pressed it to hear the actual sound and it sure surprised me
, maybe that's the logic - what the? who the? - ha ha, does the job of saying 'Look out, I'm here' - which is what the real intention of a car horn is 'eh.

·
Registered
283 Posts
@Ordena
My Tekna came with a spare wheel and mats, was this a mistake by the dealer?

So far on mine:The rev's seem to drop down quite low sometimes when sitting at lights, to the point where it kind of feels like it's going to stall, it then kind of jerks and the rev's go up....anyone else had this type of thing happen?My only other complaint so far is a rattle from the dash/window screen -- hoping that this is just a bedding in thing....
Apart from that, I'm loving it! Hiro is too cool for school!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Stormrider said:
Ordena said:
Most modern cars come with a weedy horn now, to discourage road rage!
Horn Related - Roger Rage................

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ordena said:
This is the opinion so far page? Okee dokes....
Tekna model:
Gooooood stuff:
Keyless entry and exit (told my 18 year old son it was fingerprint technology when I press the black button - hysterical!)
Electronic folding mirrors
Automatic lights
Automatic wipers
Sound system (o yea)
2 stage Heated seats/quality of the leather
oh, this could get a very long list, so I'll stop here.

Now the 'what a shame list'
No light in the glove box. (fffflipin annoying)
No lights on either of the sun visor mirrors. (I don't want the centre lights on every time)
Annoying screen that you can never turn off to have blank, esp when you don't need the sat nav.
Annoying female voice on the sat nav that you can't change, seems cheap basic nav to me
Don't even ask about the no jack or wheel brace supplied
(I can cope withthe get your own spare, but still stinks)
Whiney engine sound like a hovver mower (Ihope it'll 'bed in')
I'll end it here before I upset too many people, as I do like my Juke!
If you select the FM button the screen is mostly black, and you can turn the voice off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts