Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my brand new joke broke down in the first week by going into limp mode when I was driving on the motorway! After initial tests by the local dealership they said it was fine and I took it away but the same thing happend 2 days later. At the second breakdown they told me that the Sunderland team were on their way down to resolve the problem - which they did after a week and it ran fantastically for three weeks. Then last wednesday it simply refused to start in the morning. The RAC came out and had to reboot the entire system to get it sorted. I love this car - its such fun to drive - but I've lost all faith in it. Has anyone else had any similar experiences? How can I get a new one?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
hi really sorry to see you have had such issues with your car, their is a legal aspect to which you have recourse although i am unsure what exactly it is but citizen advice should be able to help, as with most motor manufacturers I doubt will get much success on your own you may need to involve a legal expert or even a car magazine if they are will to help you with your issue
Good luck I hope you get a happy resolution and can go onto manyyears of happy ownership

ps what spec do you have

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im so sorry to hear the bad news, as deks says going back to the manufacturer will have little success, they will just keep fixing it - saying its this that and the other each time and saying that its fixed - they will do this for years if they have to - Mercedes did with a coupe I bought - and in the end I got rid of it because I could rely on it with kids in the car etc. You have to make a lot of noise and even call a couple of the car mags (or threaten the dealer with that) and make sure they replace whats not working or give you a replacement.......good luck

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I had EXACTLY the same situation with a brand new Renault and got a replacement vehicle

If car is on a Finance agreement - contact Finance company and ask them to reject the vehicle due to being unfit for purpose. You should write to them recorded delivery

Write to Nissan by recorded delivery and request a replacement vehicle stating nature of faults/repairs and days in garage

Write to Dealership you bought the car from and request replacement vehicle and depending on their staff - they could liaise directly with Nissan

and failing that write to Carlos Ghosn (CEO) nissan - I had an email address for him but it no longer works - I wonder why!!

Contact Trading Standards also

I did all of the above and secured a replacement vehicle ..

Good Luck

Fee x

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow.. all this seems a bit extreme... any new car can have a few issues and the manufacturer will be keen to fix it, not only for customer satisfaction but to find out of they have a serial problem or not...

Do you know any of the technical detail on the 3 concerns ?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Sorry 5523

I dont agree - I dont think it is extreme to want a car that Starts and is reliable,

While we all know that cars have teething problems - we expect them to be minor and not an issue which could potentially recur, causing an accident. It does clearly affect the pleasure of owning a new car.

I dont blame DISAPPOINTED for wanting to hand the car back or get areplacement - If its broken down 3 times - there clearly is an issue that needs to be resolved.

It never ceases to amaze me that you can return a CD system for £150 (for example) if its faulty and get a replacement but you spend 16K on a vehicle and expect to put up with shoddy goods, its not on.

ALso if it was you - how would you feel , dont think you would be too impressed if it happened to you. You have to put yourself in the other persons shoes.

Maybe you're just one of these lucky people who dont worry about things - wish I could be like that..

Good luck

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
fee I am with you on that, I find it totally amazing the more you spend the less support/rights you seem to have

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am so sorry to hear your bad luck. I was the one whose gearbox went mid parking. They did pull out all the stops and put a new gearbox in but I am still haunted by the what if it happens again ghost! Had expected calls from customer support etc etc but my dealership arranged for a spacesaver and jack etc as a gesture of goodwill although saying that they are still waiting for all the parts to arrive several weeks after the event.

I must admit I didnt make an awful lot of fuss as I had the view that it is a brand new model and bound to have a few teething problems.

Fee had some very good advice. You have brought something not fit for the purpose it was brought for.

Fingers crossed for an early resolve.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Fee,

I appreciate your comments, but a £150 CD system probably costs the manufacturer about £10 to make in some far east factory.. they can replace itserveral times and still be in profit ! A buy-back on a car is a complete loss for any volume manufacturer who is working on large volumes and small profit margins (only premium marques with massive profit margins can afford to do this..)

Unlike CD systems that are churned out of automated assembly lines, Cars are very complex animals, have thousands of partsfrom hundreds of supplers and are in the large assembled by humans... add to this that dealers are sometimes not able to correctly diagnose and fix things leading to problems not being resolved as quickly asthey could.
Poor Dissapointed may have 2 issues on the car that are not related.. very unluckly for him/her but if the dealer handles it correctly then I'm sure Nissan tech guys would get straight to it..

·
Registered
443 Posts
Without knowing what has gone wrong its all guesswork.
My partner loves our JUKE. The only comment she has is the lack of power (117 ps) compared to the 160 ps of the x trail.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
5523_Juke said:
Fee,

I appreciate your comments, but a £150 CD system probably costs the manufacturer about £10 to make in some far east factory.. they can replace itserveral times and still be in profit ! A buy-back on a car is a complete loss for any volume manufacturer who is working on large volumes and small profit margins (only premium marques with massive profit margins can afford to do this..)

Unlike CD systems that are churned out of automated assembly lines, Cars are very complex animals, have thousands of partsfrom hundreds of supplers and are in the large assembled by humans... add to this that dealers are sometimes not able to correctly diagnose and fix things leading to problems not being resolved as quickly asthey could.
Poor Dissapointed may have 2 issues on the car that are not related.. very unluckly for him/her but if the dealer handles it correctly then I'm sure Nissan tech guys would get straight to it..
so we spend £000's on a motor car(any manufacturer) and because the poor
maker is having a hard time making a profit we as customers are supposed to put up with shoody workmanship and accept an item that is dogged with faults, totally wrong it stinks its the we are bigger than you attitude would like to see you have a car less than 3 months old breakdown 3 times and you put up with fob off excuses sure you would

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
after all Nissan only made a meesly £300+ million profit last year my heart bleeds for them and all the other greedy manufacturers that are now suffering and being bailed out at the publics expense world wide

·
Registered
175 Posts
deks36.. "as customers are supposed to put up with shoody workmanship and accept an item that is dogged with faults"

We're talking about 1 carthat seems to have issues specifc to that car only... and Nissan have made more than 20,000 of them I think... I bet the CD supplier has a larger complaint rate than that!

The overwhelming feeling on this forum is that the vast majority of people are very happy with the car...

And Juke-of-Earl is right.. "Without knowing what has gone wrong its all guesswork. "

And yes, I have had issues with cars and other products in the past that I have worked with the people who actually sold it to me to resolve... Not sure what you do for a living but I'd put money on it thatyou've made mistakes in your job too !!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
in fairness I am not just talking about this case I am talking about the industry in general
I am not digging at dealers/workers i am moaning at the lack of car all manufacturers show customers
as for occupation i am in the motor trade i work for myself and have done for 15 years i sell both parts and cars and if their is a problem i sort it immediately in respect of a car if customer wasn't happy i would give them their money back as its easier than dealing with the endless grief they can give

My point was as fee siad how is it you spent a little and goods are changed instantly you spend £000's and its harder to reject the item this isn't unique to cars look at the housing market thats even worse at times

·
Registered
175 Posts
Fair comments... especially re. housing.. had a mare with my last house..
Let's leave it at that and be happy that our Juke's are OK !!

·
Registered
175 Posts
So do I... shame he's not enjoing it much as the rest of us...
.. and I'm sure all the tech-heads on here will be interested to know what was wrong...

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
apologies if it sounded like i was attacking other posters, i wanted to make the point that the more we spend with big purhcases and companies the less rights we seem to have whether it be car house or any other such expense
as for Nissan looking at this site oh yes while i was surfing the other day this forum has a twitter page and it became apparant that GET JUKED facebook page is a follwer of this forum
now i think the get JUKED page is Nissan therefore I assume they are following us shame they dont join up and speak up for themselves

1 - 20 of 50 Posts