Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you are all up andcheering him on to become the first brit for 75 years to win a grand slam event !
If he wins he will prob replace Paul Lawrie as Scotlands greatest ever sportsman !

·
Registered
659 Posts
Sorry to rain on the parade but I can't stand the geezer. I didn't support Henman either btw.

Unfortunately my tennis viewing days go back to Rod Laver and culminate in Bjorn Borg. Wooden rackets. Now they COULD play.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Have to agree Murray and Henman I find impossible to like. Both seem to have ZERO personality.I would still like to see him win, as no doubt Murray has dedication but no enjoyment watching.
I got the chance to watch Federer at Wimbledon a couple of years back ...... awesome. His footwork and style of play was just pure cool & graceful.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bad day at black rock.in fact bad weekend..England stuffed at cricket, that SCOTSMAN
Murray stuffed at tennis..Punchestowns beaten at Cheltenham races..Stranraer beaten at home and PNE stillfirmly rooted to the bottom of the championship.

Yes Acrorat, Bill McLaren was the 'voice of rugby', and a legend..

and jayannlay..i too used to watch Lavers epic matches with Ken Rosewall and the likes of Newcombe and Roche, Hewitt and Macmillan..rarely watch it these days and shudda stayed in bed this morn !

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Well from a fellow Scot - I cant stand Andy Murray - if he showed a wee bit more emotion or humanity perhaps people might like him a bit more. Fair play that he has got as far as he has, but that doesn't take away from the fact he appears aloof and above his station.

As for the God that is known as Bill McLaren - a terribly sad loss and a man with the most beautiful voice and a mountain of knowledge of Rugby - what a guy!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
659 Posts
Bill McLaren. Now there WAS a professional and a gentleman.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Sorry northendsoul.

Had Andy Murray won this morning, he would have become the best ever Scottish Tennis player, passing Jamie Murray who at least has a Majors title to his name.

Many better Scottish Sports people and I agree that Bill McLaren would be one of them.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Can not a never will support Andy Murray.

Not happy his name is now in the Juke forum either - cheers northendsoul

So glad he lost Edited by: Lady juke

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really sorry about that Lady juke...it could have been worse though..i could havestarted a thread about Tony Blair, Peter Mandelson and Alistair Campbell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts