Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Mudflaps (ie protection pack issue!): Are they worth it, do they make any real difference to protecting the wheel arch trim?

Secondly, I am hearing reference to "running in" the juke. Now without confusing this with the good old days of keeping below 50 in a Morris Minor whilst displaying a hand written sign stating, "Running in", in the rear window, is there really a run in period? I am noticing poeple mentioning keeping it below 4000 RPM for the first 1000 miles!!!! Is this the case?

Thanx in advance

Duncs

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have had 5 new cars in the last 10 years I havent run any of them in as such in the old sense of the phrase, just driven normally as I would any car

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I've always been advised to keep revs to below 2500 if poss and not to go above 50MPH for first 1000 miles.

Dont know if this stands true but have tried to do it all the same....

Fee x

·
Registered
175 Posts
Agree, running in isn't required, but maybe have a little mechanical sympathy and don't flog it to death for a while..

·
Registered
452 Posts
sure, chizzie and wise to follow the makers´info.
My practise, years ago and even today, is to always avoid putting a "load" on the engine, if in doubt, change down a cog, keep the motor spinning freely, change the oil as often as you can and use the gasolene ratingrecommended. BINGO!! You should enjoy trouble free motoring, with an engine good for many, many thousands of miles.
Just my humble opinion but it works for me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does the 4000 rpm for first 1000 miles 'limit' in the manual apply to all engines (not got mine yet) ? Edited by: kennyp

·
Registered
561 Posts
They told me running in is not necessary, just dont push it to hard in the beginning in low motor temperatures.

They adviced me to start off in eco (cold) and next when the temp is normal do wathever you want lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
The manul does say you should run ithe car in for teh 1st 1500 miles and it is just a case of keeping the engine below 4000revs and not driving at a constant speed and revs (ie in cruise) for long distances. You'll know when the engine is run in as it does start to losen up a bit.

I did most of my running in miles in ECO mode but I did have a bit of a play with the other modes.

Just enjoy your new baby when you get it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Manual does state keep below 4000rpm for first
1000 miles. Fee, don't know how you can keep below 2500rpm as the Juke revs so high.
As for the mudflaps, apparently they're not worth the effort. Still get road dirt along sides of car with them fitted.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently (please correct me here guys) 4000 revs is approx 74 MPH (in the Juke). Not too hard to keep to I suppose!

What do you think?

DuncsEdited by: snowysdad

·
Registered
873 Posts
snowysdad said:
Apparently (please correct me here guys) 4000 revs is approx 74 MPH (in the Juke). Not too hard to keep to I suppose!

What do you think?

Duncs
It's actually 78mph - 1000 revs is 19.5mph, at least in the 5 speed gearbox.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stormrider said:
snowysdad said:

What do you think?

Duncs
It's actually 78mph - 1000 revs is 19.5mph, at least in the 5 speed gearbox.
Ahh....nice one, I suppose most of us stay within that (roughly) anyway!

Thanx stormrider

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
holeymoley27 said:
Manual does state keep below 4000rpm for first
1000 miles. Fee, don't know how you can keep below 2500rpm as the Juke revs so high.
As for the mudflaps, apparently they're not worth the effort. Still get road dirt along sides of car with them fitted.
Yes - I was finding it a bit difficult!!!!

Mud flaps - Still think they look the part

Fee x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very high geared arent they!!!

Mine revs at 3000 (just over) at 60 MPH !!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts