Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e done 2 brim to brim mpg checks and i'm averageing 47mpg teaching learners.
Approaching 1000 mile mark already and it's getting smoother and pulls better as it's settling in.
It is the most flexible diesel car Iv'e ever taught in in 24 years.
Tom

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
thats good to know currently my diesel on 74 miles is showing an avrage of 30 mpg but i am not worried yet as its all still very tight and it hasb't really been out of town yet
i am well impressed with the diesel engine I reckon a few petrol owners will be kicking them selves if they try a diesel

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its good to hear nice reports of the Diesels after seeing so many people seemingly against them before they were on the roads....roll on 14th Dec :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
deks36 said:
thats good to know currently my diesel on 74 miles is showing an avrage of 30 mpg but i am not worried yet as its all still very tight and it hasb't really been out of town yet
i am well impressed with the diesel engine I reckon a few petrol owners will be kicking them selves if they try a diesel
You've only done 74 miles???????

I think it might be the diesel owners kicking themselves when us petrol heads leave you guys for dead and you become a spec in the rearview mirror

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ha ha thats if you ever get it,and by which time i'll be long gone

looking at having a remap done on mine which should improve power and full consumption

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm getting 47mpg at the moment having done just over 300 miles.

·
Registered
575 Posts
deks36 said:
ha ha thats if you ever get it,and by which time i'll be long gone

looking at having a remap done on mine which should improve power and full consumption
Let me know if you find anyone doing remaps, deks. I want the petrol remapped. Any car with a turbo is worth getting remapped, the difference is sensational

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ditto, its not something I have ever looked into but read somewhere it will improve the car no end
my only concern is warranty

·
Registered
575 Posts
Had it done for the first time on the Scirocco. It was a 200bhp car which was remapped to 265bhp by superchips. Torque also massively increased. Performance went up off the scale and MPG actually improved by almost 5mpg(when I wasn't driving it like I stole it). I don't believe its undetactable like some places say, but apparently almost 40% of diesel cars have had tuning adjustments. I would say to definitely tell your insurance if you have it done though.
My boss had his Rangey remapped and when he took it back to Land Rover after a hose on the engine blew, they knew it had been mapped, but weren't bothered. Their attitude was "land rover pay us for warranty repairs so we're not fussed"

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I filled up on 4 November putting £42.00 in to fill up the tank. I still have half a tank and have done 310 miles this week.
Reading is saying average 39MPG (Which is fab considering the whole of the south side of GLASGOW is roadworks for the commonwealth games and I am sitting in stationary traffic for 2 hours a day just now). On motorway reading shows around 60MPG. Normal run of the mill daily town driving about 46MPG.
I have to come home via motorway to ensure DPF regenerates as my daily commute to work is hellish.
I am delighted with the fuel consumption. Once the roadworks are away in 2014 - I might get a better average but on the whole I am happy. For the same mileage in my 59 plate 1.6 Qashqai I would have spent £100 on fuel
Fee x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts