Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tekna Dig-T CVT 4WD has 4000 miles and has been driven mainly on motorways in eco mode (and 2WD) setting. I am dismayed at the mpg (24.5). Is this something peculiar to this vehicle? or are other owners getting similar?
thanks

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Hi, Kenny, there are numerous posts on the mileage issues, mainly with the diesels.

There seems to be a high variability, so might be worth getting yours checked out at the dealer?

·
Registered
50 Posts
24.4 is where mine seems to be stuck at. With the type of driving I do, I think I should be approaching the 27 combined MPG.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
All gallons are not equal

Ilmor's24.4 US mpg = 28.7 GB mpg
Kenny's 24.5 GB mpg = 21.02 US mpg

So this shows Ilmor's mpg is not that great and Kenny's mpg is really dreadful

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
One recommendation that pops up is to reset the MPG trip counter.
Back to zero and let to start to calculate from new.
Several users have noticed that this has bumped them up.
Alternatively do the calculations your self and see if the on-board MPG is actually correct.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Suppose a simple table might help, something like this:

Date Filled Volume addedMileage at FillingCurrent MPG at filling

01.04.201150 litres 12538.1

15.04.201150 litres 42538.3

Above values are plain examples, not anywhere near reality, obviously.

My plan, hopefully sometime in July when I've got the car, is to start up a Notes Page on iPhone, with the above table (or similar) and add to it every fill-up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
acrorat said:

My plan, hopefully sometime in July when I've got the car, is to start up a Notes Page on iPhone, with the above table (or similar) and add to it every fill-up.
My computer, following a reset, showed 24.4 US mpg. My calculated actual was 24.5 US mpg. This was after driving with a light foot in eco mode for an entire week, minimal stop and go w/ some freeway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Running at 30.5 mpg at the mo (Eco 2 wheel drive for mostly relaxed driving - it's just knowing you've the Normal and Sport modes there if you want
).

Found that it's better on the A roads (and more fun)- gets knocked back a bit if you're doing 70's-80's mph.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
acrorat said:

Easier way than that............... you have an iPhone - just download the free app Road Trip LE and it will do all you want and give you graphic statistics.
Try it on your current car............
12inch
Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for tip on Road Trip.

Looks good so have downloaded and will practice on current car while we're waiting......

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Your welcome, just one tip - only mark it as "filled tank" if you do or it will give false readings.
Here are three screenshots of the app................ as you can see - my results are a bit off as I did not understand the Filled Tank bit and had to delete a few entries. I am going to reset and start again, but it is an easy app to use.

Edited by: 12Inchmick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi12Inchmick is your app available for the ipad not yet due for a phone change till Octoberand as anyone noticed a spare iso plug in the boot behind the N/S strut inspection hatch whats this for ?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
just done stourbridge and back at all motorway and not hanging about, at 34 mpg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts