Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help. Been trying to connect my mp3 player to the Nissan Connect via the usb cable but it wont recognise it. It's not really a big issue as I can still play it through the Aux jack but have to manually select tracks on the player.

The players a Creative ZEN.

Is there a list of compatable players somewhere? Anyone else having trouble? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I connected my iPhone on the USB but it won't let me select anything - it just starts playing the tracks in alphabetical order.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hmm, at least I'm getting sound even though I'm stick of it being the same track every time I plug the thing in. I haven't really had time to mess around with it during the week but I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've figured out how to control the tracks through the iphone. Got it all hooked up and can get it to play any songs if i select them on the phone. I think there is a way to select them through the radio aswell although that's on my list of things to do while playing around with it tomorrow :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've got mine all figured out. I've never had an integrated system before so was assuming I would have to control things on the iPod itself but it was "frozen". It never occurred to me to press AUX on the Connect - when I did that, bingo, all the iPod menus came up on the screen and it works like a dream!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iv'e pressed aux with the usb connected but it still didnt work. If I could just get sound that would be great because i've got a cable thats about 10cm long and is a lot better than the Jack to Jack I have which you hae to curl up on the centre console.

Thinking of trying a usb stick instead. How do I need to arrange the files on the stick so that it will play all of them and not just one?

·
Registered
142 Posts
@wombat... is there an option on the creative to use it as a mass storage unit or enable disk use perhaps?
that may be the answer?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi simps,

It does not unfortunately. Think i'm going to just use a USB stick as it's quick and takes up a lot less room. Plus I dont have to "hide it from view" when parked can just drop it into one of the enormous cup holders.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Jukeofhazard,

I've not tried using the Zen in the car since using a USB stick as it works fine for me. All my tracks were loaded on to computerusing windows media player and then I just "Sync" them to the USB in that program.

Sorry I cant be more help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not a major poblem but ive noticed that when i have my iphone attached via cable to the usb, the tracktitle on the car displaydoesnt always match the song playing. It will stick for a couple of songs then catch up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts