Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Guys. First of all, I don't know if thistopichas been discussed or not. I tried to play a cd containingmp3 audio files. When I loaded the cd it did play because the time display was running but there was no sound at all. Another thing I noticed was ,that in one track the cd player was running it contained all the minutes of the whole cd. Is there any format how to burn the cd with the mp3 audio files? Since I own a visia version,I don't have a usb port, so if any one can help kindly do. thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
what did you use to burn the cd? does it play in another CD player?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rocks
I used ashampoo burning studio. Well no I haven't tried it on other cd player. The one that I have does not support mp3 audio files

·
Registered
540 Posts
One possible reason is that the player is fussy about the type of CD.Some players want really high quality CDs and some actual recordable audio CDs and some won't play re-writeable ones.There you go...I presume it plays in your computer?Try it in someone else's car player, in a car say five years old or less if possible.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi dougalI tried to play it on my computer and it did play. I will try to play it on my friends cd car player but he did gave me a cd which on his car cd player works, but on mine it didn't. Do you think that a mp3 cd does not work on the juke's cd player?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
as far as I know not all Cd players will play MP3. My Juke will not, although is a basic Visia 1.6 Petrol.
It has a Aux input, so I can play from my MP3 player.
Check what type of player you have fitted in your Juke.
Juke On

·
Registered
540 Posts
Like I said, it is possible that the Juke player needs proper 'audio' recordable CDs.If your friends CD was a proper 'audio' CD then there may well be the chance that the Juke player will not play mp3 CDs.It could be 'another' one of these stupid little things that Nissan have overlooked.Keep checking the forum to see if anyone else has been able to play an mp3 CD.Hi k22edd - all modern CD players should play mp3 recorded tunes. There isabsolutelyno excuse unless the manufacturer has tried to save money and opted for something unusual - or old technology!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
From the manual :

The following CDs may not work properly:

— Copy control compact discs (CCCD) — Recordable compact discs (CD-R) — Rewritable compact discs (CD-RW)

which sounds a bit weird.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just played my first CD today on my Juke, and the music has all been recorded as mp3.
First it did not play, and thought the cd had an error or somehting .... took the cd out and put it back in ... and so far it's playing.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
download itunes as you can create playlists and then burn to a cd. itunes will find all your music on your system too.It will be in MP3 format, but these play fine in Nissan system that is in my Navara, so it should work the same.Give it a try.
Edited by: Rocks703

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a Visia too and was a little pee'd off when i found it wouldn,t play mp3data discs...have had to convert em with Nero 10 into Audio cd format, they all play fine but i can only fit about 30 tracks or 1 or 2 albums onto each disc.
As far as i know most modern cd players will play in data format..have just dloaded the AC-DC discography 1975 to 2000...around 17 albums i think on one disc, in data form..and that plays fine on my home stereo but not in the car. Edited by: northendsoul

·
Registered
277 Posts
So this makes me think .... that some Jukes support mp3's and some don't?
Trying to find out specs, as I did play a cd with mp3 songs this morning for the first time.

Although I must say that the first time I inserted it, it gave me an error.... removed the cd and inserted it back in .... and it played

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi lorrfal. Since yours is Acenta and mine is Visia, I think there is a difference in the cd/radio. Mine is the same as in the manual page 4-18. I think that yours is the same as page 4-24. I'm I right?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Could it be the quality of the disc? My son has a copied disc in his car and i tried it in ours (acenta) and it played fine it was a Verbatim cd-rw. You may be better buying a mp3 player as the artist and songs come up on the player.

·
Registered
277 Posts
maxuereb said:
Hi lorrfal. Since yours is Acenta and mine is Visia, I think there is a difference in the cd/radio. Mine is the same as in the manual page 4-18. I think that yours is the same as page 4-24. I'm I right?
Yes you're right maxuereb ..... there is a difference in cd/radio.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi There,
Both audio units in the Juke support MP3 CD..
The Connect unit has the "MP3" logo on the front and the Quick Reference Guide mentions that the Standard Audio will play MP3 CD...
I have the Connect Audio and it works fine, just has an occasional disk error as the CD has been 'mishandled' a bit.. (home burnt CDs can be a bit fragile/temperamentalI find..)
As with all 'copied' discs - some disk makes work better than others and seem to favour certain audio systems.. and the software used to burn them can have an impact.. it's not a Nissan thing but a CD quality issue...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Northernsoul - you can buy a 4Gb USB stick for around a fiver and fit at least 6 cd worth of MP3 tunes on it. So no need to go to all the trouble of converting in NERO.That's a lot of tunes ofr any trip. A couple of USB sticks or bigger capacity ones and you have a lot of music without having to ever insert a cd again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dougal said:
Northernsoul - you can buy a 4Gb USB stick for around a fiver and fit at least 6 cd worth of MP3 tunes on it. So no need to go to all the trouble of converting in NERO.
That's a lot of tunes ofr any trip. A couple of USB sticks or bigger capacity ones and you have a lot of music without having to ever insert a cd again.

Dougal mate.. read post one of the thread ..we have the Visia with no USB port.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts