Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer phoned this morning and said my Juke will be there on the 8th and said can I insure it now using the free Aviva 7 day free insurance because of the VAT rise, he gave me their phone number and a dealer ref number, I did say the 7 days will be up before i pick the car up he just said dont worry about that you can take out the Nissan free insurance when you pick it up. Does this sound strange ? Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
754 Posts
You can phone Aviva now and give them the start date of the 8th. They then email the insurance note to the dealer who can use it to tax the car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer wanted me to start it from today sighting the VAT increase as the reason. I did do it as the dealer asked, just seemed a bit strange. Maybe they wanted to up the quota of cars registered and taxed, it is the last day of the month..I dunno. Whatever Im just glad I will have it Friday or Saturday next week
Ohh had to laugh, if I wanted to stay with Aviva it would be £830 hahahaha no chanceEdited by: Fontie

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
dealer is bullshi**ng you VAT increase doesnot come in until Jan 2011 also the 7 days free insurance will be up when you pick it up so make sure you have your own cover in place.
In my opinion this is yet another dealer lying to suit his needs i would say clearly he wants it registered today for his figures/bonus they have monthly targets to hit and probably needed your 1 for his bonus

·
Registered
754 Posts
VAT increase is 1 January 2011, don't see how that will make a difference.
It seems like the dealer is trying to push this car into the November figures; I don't know how he can do that when the car hasn't even left the factory. Luckily the registration plate doesn't change on 1/12 or he would be pushing his luck.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
also what has he done about tax hop he hasnt charged for the whole of Nov aswell seeing as you wont have you car until 2nd week of Dec
how are these dealers allowed to get away with this its wrong

·
Registered
112 Posts
Make sure they tax the car for a year and a week, that's what my dealer did

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought what he way saying was a load of BS about the VAT, didnt question it and did what he asked because I was so happy to have the car delivered 2 weeks early, Hopefully they have taxed it for 1 year and a week, It will present a problem if the transporter cant deliver because of the weather. i'll see when I pick it up.

I wont say who the dealer is but initials are GH !Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the registration documents today regd on the 30th Nov.My Juke being delivered Weds 8th Dec suposedly.If its not then i'll be after my dealer for compensation loss of road tax. I'll leave it till Weds afternoon then phone dealer if he hasnt phoned first. All seems a bit dodgy to me.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its pre registered, I dont agree with it, its wrong and should be made illegal its technically fraud
they do it to up heir targets and get a bonus, what is actually even worse in your case is they lied to do it .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deks36 said:
its pre registered, I dont agree with it, its wrong and should be made illegal its technically fraudthey do it to up heir targets and get a bonus, what is actually even worse in your case is they lied to do it .
Pre registered ?? the document i got this morning says "UK registration certificate" on the front, with the registered keeper with my name and address. Its a V5C. Ive never bought a new car before so dont know whats what.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
sorry my mistake, by pre registered i meant registrered to you prior to them or you having the car,
You are the first keeper but in my opinion its wrong of any dealer to register that vehicle before its in their possession and more preferable to wait until the customer is due to collect,
You will be fine but its just not right what these dealers are doing

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wonder what would happen if the car got written off while in transport to the dealership ? Technically its now your car and under your insurance so I guess your no claims bonus would be effected.

Can not believe its legal what they have done but who knows maybe it is

Lets hope that the above doesn't happen of course and that you get delivery when the dealer says your going to :)

Edited by: SkvanD

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for making it clearer. Ive ordered mats for the car, think i'll suggest to the dealer they throw them in for free seeing as they lied to me and regiastering the car early infact got them their November bonus and was nothing to do with VAT increase. I really wish i'd been more on the ball when they phoned on Tuesday

1 - 15 of 15 Posts