Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, picking up my juke on the 3rd dec and im thinking about making some mesh panels for the wine rack holes to stop damage, im a sheet metal fabricator / cad engineer with a few cnc machines just waiting to be used. im thinking about matching the hole pattern from the main front grille and then having them powder coated black to match, or even chrome!!!. i can form just about any shape and also include any bracket that are required. they could be flush with the front or be right at the back.
just want a bit of feedback from you guys as i would make a small batch of about 20 sets first to see how they sell, or maybe even give a couple of sets away to get other members views.
will let you all know when the first batch is in production..

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
excellent idea I would be up for a set when you get sorted
dont mind where they go as long as the stop stones etc hitting rads
both options have benefits the mounting away from bumper still gives the open look

·
Registered
210 Posts
Depending on how they are priced I'd be up for a set

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think you right deks, having them right at the back won't change the look, maybe it could be 1 larger panel that would cover all three!, and maybe a nice fine mesh in black so you can't really see it.as soon as i can get under my juke and have a good look i will get them going. i have seen a couple of pics where people have glued mesh there but i looks too untidy, i know you can't see it but that would bug me so much, proper brackets and fitting are needed....
how about stainless steel main front grilles, could match the wine rack!!think i could also make the fog light rings in mirror polished stainless too, would be a fraction of nissans price.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
think you could have a good few customers from here if you can make suitable things for Jukes.
Where in Kent are you if localish i would be happy to let you look around mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only in Sittingbourne, just a stone throw from sunny herne bay. if i get to the point where i cannot wait any longer for mine i will let ya know....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Depending on the look/price I would be interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would be interested in a set when available. Anything to protect the radiators. If they get holed would cause all sort of problems.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I would definitely have ordered one if you were more local... I dont have a clue how to do anything technical!!

2 questions though -

1 - Would this addition affect the warranty
2 - would it affect airflow?

well actually 3 - How would it be fitted?

Cheers
Fee

·
Registered
443 Posts
The normal mesh that used to mod cars has s.negligible.effect on airflow warranty won't know And doubt anyone going to.quiere it.
The bumper is going to have to.come off that's not a bad job honest ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Could be interested, finish and price dependant though?

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Im keen, but in chrome, not black!!

Also, any other bits you can make such as foglight rings, put me down!

Cheers

andy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have had a good look today at a juke bumper and have started to program a few bits on my cad, will post some 3d pics soon.
does anyone know how the fog light rings fix on?, looks like screws on each side...

·
Registered
272 Posts
put me down for some. simmo.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
having fitted some other Nissan extras I would say the rings are stuck on with adhesive tape thoug i could be wrong

1 - 20 of 104 Posts