Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well have done the mod to the front "wine rack". Bumper was a bit more difficult to remove than I anticipated - definitley a knack to it. I had intended to take some pics as I went along but one of the kids had took the camera to a party !! I have only put the mesh in the 3 "wine racks " and not in the vents above them. I figured there would be much less of a risk of damage through the smaller/higher vents. Will post pics later of finished result - but am well pleased with it. Edited by: steve_lj

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks good, and should keep lots of stuff out. Them holes look mighty small, or maybe its just the angle

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - probably not the best pics. The mesh is actually from one of those places that does custom car bits and its specifically for use on grilles - air vents etc. I havent filled in the open areas above the main vents so shouldnt be any major issue regards cooling.

steve

·
Registered
873 Posts
The holes do look a bit small to me - that is going to restrict airflow quite a lot!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would keep an eye on the temp gauge, You have restricted the air flow by about 50% with that mesh....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok - I understand where you are coming from - but what other car do you know that has such an open area in front of the rads - even if the airflow was reduced by 50% then I still think there will be no issues given the original ammount of open area. Also I have left the the area above the big vents open.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's not about comparing to other cars though, if the Juke is designed to run with that much open airflow then that is what will be considered when cooling the engine. It may have meant they could make a saving in another area, whereas other cars might have to compensate in other ways for less airflow.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Stormrider said:
It's not about comparing to other cars though, if the Juke is designed to run with that much open airflow then that is what will be considered when cooling the engine. It may have meant they could make a saving in another area, whereas other cars might have to compensate in other ways for less airflow.
true , although if you consider that the diesel engine is the same as whats in the clio then maybe the seriously large holes are not so important , in the DIG you might have to be wary as that engine is new,
I would say that also i think the holes in your meshing are too small and would like mine when i do it to be larger pretty much in the way gazzaweb is planning on making them,
I reckon you will be fine with your mesh but once it warms up a bit i would keep an eye on it for week or two to be certain

·
Registered
72 Posts
The thermostat on the rad(fan) should look after the temperature, I would expect it to be no problem at this time of year, maybe when it warms up a lot or if you get stuck in a traffic jam in Portugal in August !

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks !

Stuck in standing traffic today for nearly an hour and half - no issues with overheating

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was lookingto see ifany more of my Sunderland factory photos have now appeared on Japanese websites.....

....instead I found some pics of yourmesh grille

(I cant remember the name of the website)

Anyone understand Japanese?

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
oo i was just about to respond but then thought about what you said their stormy yes stationary will make no difference with the mesh as their is no air flow stationary but on the move you need airflow so its then that a problem may occur although i very much doubt it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts