Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right I have just emailed the Heritage centre at Gaydon
http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/

to see about getting somewhere to group us all and costs involved I have asked for this date so now I need to wait to hear back and also would like to know from you lot how many people are seriously up for this it doesnt matter if you havent got your car its a get together for us the jukeownersclub.co.uk so come on enough chat lets get this organised.

2 other options

1 need to explore this further but I emailed my contact in Nissan with
the idea of them aiding a meet they told me Midlands may be a little far
for them but they had a dealership they owned in Oxfordshire somewhere
not sure what they meant by it I presume we use their forecourt not
what i had in mind but

2 as suggested by a couple of other members to try and arrnage a meet
at Silversont during a round of the British Touring car championship,
this si equally as good

All we need to do is to come up with a date and venue and numbers so
someone can take it forward to much chat not enough action so far

UPDATE 28/03/11
Just received an email back from the Heritage centre we have 2 routes we can go
either a group booking which is £8 each but not sure this would give us the ability to park together as a group.
or the Rally package basic details are</font>
<h3>Rally Package (Weekends Only) – £275 per day (inc. VAT)</h3>For 30 members that works out at £9.16 each which isnt bad considering its £8 entry anyway and it would give us a dedicated area
<ul>[*]Your own exclusive RALLY name</font>[*]Dedicated parking on the outdoor, hard-standing events arena for 100 cars with the sensational backdrop of the Centre</font>[*]On-site directional signage to your ‘event’</font>[*]FREE – 30 museum admission tickets, home to the largest collection of historic British cars in the world!</font>[*]Discounted admission charge into the museum of £8.00 for all additional rally participants (normally £11.00)</font>[*]A meeting room for up to 30 people</font>[*]FREE listing on the Centre’s website, with your specific ‘event’ details</font>[*]Trade Stand space available with income returned to the rally organiser</font>[*]Note: The Rally Package applies to weekends only</font>[/list]more info is available on the events link of their website
Clearly the rally package would be better but cuases allocation problems for tickets and then we would need to work out how and whom was paying for the pitch etc etc</font>

I really need to do my sums properly at times anyway as I put above it would work out @£9.16 each for 1 day I would happily book this but need at least 30 guaranteed entries to do so .
it is just over £1 more than booking as a group and for this we get a dedicated parking area

So let me know people otherwise it wil be too late to arrange anything

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no dates yet set this is merely a start point
I figure a bank holiday works better for travelling, so we meet on a Sunday gives everyone the Monday off so not rushing back Sunday not for work Monday etc
Doesnt have to be this date or location we have 800+ members so lets talk and sort

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update in first post

If this is going to happen it needs to be sorted this week the heritage centre are sending me a pack for registration etc but I wont book unless I get at least 20 confirmed participants
If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas for the day then please pm them to me all options considered
Edited by: deks36

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
deks, £9 ish sound good to me. I think the location is the best mentioned so far, the cost is veryacceptable and any more than 30 and the price can come down (even if it is only by pennies).
The date mentioned is good for me. If that is agreed by enough people count me in as a definite.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just done a quick distance calculation I am 160 miles away, so I am not picking this destination because its local to me I picked it because its fairly central to lots yes those North of Liverpool etc its further and many will be nearer Manchester is 120 miles Leeds is 140 east of england around 120
so this works out to be a fairly central location for most
apologies to those in the far North and across the border and over seas members

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks like it's only an hour from me and not nearly taxing enough on the Connect.

Even so, I'm in so far as I can be - need to sort out the wife's shifts with her work.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This sounds like an excellent idea!
As i said before i am definitely in.
By that stage i shall have my Duke(thats his name)
and gaydon is about 50 mins drive from me
10 pounds is a great entry fee as well.
Wonder if we should being a packed lunch lol.
Picnic or BBQ lol

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if it goes a head I plan on bring my gazebo and chairs, so I will have a shelter dont have bbq equipment I will check to see this is allowed and if so someone else can organise that

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.