Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Need advice. Its about my mums nissan juke. Having alot of issues dont know if she is being ripped off from the garage.
So her fuel injector 4 went so got that repaired along with fuel injector 2 was told they work in pairs. Went to collect car to be then told she needed an oil filter change and obvs new oil.
Drove the car 3 miles home and parked up for the night. All fine. Next day went in the car and all the engine lights came back on. So off she went to the same garage who now said she needs to replace 2 heating coils? Can this be right or is she being taken for a mug. Oh and do you need to only use parts from a nissan dealer of can you use parts from car shops like euro car parts?
Please help

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi
Need advice. Its about my mums nissan juke. Having alot of issues dont know if she is being ripped off from the garage.
So her fuel injector 4 went so got that repaired along with fuel injector 2 was told they work in pairs. Went to collect car to be then told she needed an oil filter change and obvs new oil.
Drove the car 3 miles home and parked up for the night. All fine. Next day went in the car and all the engine lights came back on. So off she went to the same garage who now said she needs to replace 2 heating coils? Can this be right or is she being taken for a mug. Oh and do you need to only use parts from a nissan dealer of can you use parts from car shops like euro car parts?
Please help
Hello Jemma sor to hear about your mom's issues. To break down your question.
(If you could specify the year and.make and model of the juk e.g 1.2 2014 tekna or a 1.5 sci 2015. - can find this out by calling dealership or entering reg into a car parts company licenses plate parts locator.

1) Fuel injector, I've not knownit that two need to be replaced at same time, they may work together in the sense of they spray at the same time, but should be able to be changed individually . A sure fire way to know is just call any genuine Nissan dealer and ask to speak to parts department, and simply ask them do you need to buy the injectors in pairs on youromsake and model if I were to buy parts from yourself. Also you can type in her reg on parts website like euro car parts and look for an injector, if it is mandatory to get two they will usually sell two or tell you I need to buy in twos (it does this if you buy brake discs).

2)Oil change: If the car is a diesel and if it the DPF (DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER) was clogged due to possible shorts trips or lack of using the car I would say yes, as As it cannot perform regeneration s properly which uses extra fuel, and when it's not working right that extra fuel doesn't get burnt off and contaminates the oil. It it's a petrol I would say know...but if you mom hasn't had a service that year just see it as something needed doing.

3)Heating coil: I think they mean glow plugs (would need to verify that). It could need replacing but it depends on what the car was doing. What caused your mom to take it to the garage in first place

4) Euro car.parts: No you don't just need to use nissan parts, you can go to euro car parts or any local motor factors . The parts will be aftermarket (just a fancy word for not nissan brand) but they stock alot of name brands , just never go cheapest you will regret it.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts