#1 ·
<DIV id=page-main>
<DIV id=page-main-left>
<DIV ="innerpage-article">
<DIV ="innerpage-article-title">
<H1>Marketing</H1>Juke in the limelight
<DIV ="innerpage-article-">
<H3>What’s happening across the country to celebrate Juke’s launch</H3>

To celebrate Juke’s launch, and truly demonstrate its ability to energise a city, an innovative one-off live music event will be held in Manchester’s Piccadilly Gardens at 8pm tomorrow evening (Friday 24 September) featuring electro pop sensation La Roux.

The event has been shrouded in mystery to create hype and buzz, and since Monday 20 September various activities have been taking place locally to generate interest. A box featuring a Juke poster has been prominently located in Piccadilly Gardens; teasers have been run on Manchester Key 103 radio; and planted with PR and social media sources all building interest around what’s happening. In addition, promotional staff have been working tirelessly throughout the week driving people to attend.

With anticipation building, the big reveal will take place at 8pm tomorrow night when a free and explosive live gig featuring La Roux will bring the city to life.

If you are local to Manchester please tell your customers and come along to experience the event for yourself. It’s guaranteed to be a great night.

Edited by: Maurice

See less See more
#4 ·
I can’t comment about the experience with your dealer, all that I would say in defence of the majority of dealers is there has been a lot of movement with regards to the date that vehicles will be available for delivery to the dealer, I am sure that in most cases information has been passed on to customers in good faith.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
My advice to you would be to hold tight as I’m sure that your order will come forward. I’m confident that when you are driving your new Juke you will forget about the wait

#5 ·
Thanks for the official PR blurb Maurice, so I guess the La Roux thing is an open secret now ;)

Would love to come along sadly, Manchester is some 250 miles from where we are now and we have to be at our dealer bright and early Saturday to hand over our current car (and maybe!) take the Juke on an extended test drive.

To all who are going... grab some pics & videos of the show and be sure to share them ;)

#6 ·
Maurice said:
I can’t comment about the experience with your dealer, all that I would say in defence of the majority of dealers is there has been a lot of movement with regards to the date that vehicles will be available for delivery to the dealer, I am sure that in most cases information has been passed on to customers in good faith.</font>
My advice to you would be to hold tight as I’m sure that your order will come forward. I’m confident that when you are driving your new Juke you will forget about the wait </font>
I can accept the slip from mid November to mid December is out of the hands of the dealer. What I find unbelievable is that one dealer can say (on 30/8) order today and you will get delivery mid November and the next day (31/8) a different dealer can say to ignore first dealer, they will be able to get the car in by end Sept or, if not Sept then definitely October. Do you find that believable?

#7 ·
Thanks for telling us Maurice. I seem to be getting a news feed at the moment (probably intended for someone else)
but the bit mentioning the artists namehadn't been included- I thought that was hush hush

I don't know where the problems lie with the delays, but I'm suredealers would love to be able to supply every car their customers want promply - it makes their life a lot easier. Maybe the problem is a bit higher up the Nissan chain.

Has any customer explainedtheir frustration about delays to the people at NMUK the Nissan Manufacturing Plant in Sunderland where theymake the Jukes? If so, what response, if any,did you get from the Sales/Marketing manOR from theManufacturing man Mr Mann?

#9 ·
UNOFFICIAL COMPETITION INFORMATION which may or may not be correct:

If any of you are in/near Manchester and are sad enough to use social-media site "Foursquare"
if you keep 'checking in' to this Piccadilly Square/Mystery Box location today, you may become "Mayor" of the venue
if you check in more often than anyone else
and you MAY then win a prize tonight of the use of a Juke for 24 hours

That isIF they can find a Juke available for 24 hours - they were having difficulty a few days ago

#12 ·
iamdabe said:
God damnit! that nearly makes it worth the trip up there ;)
The person who tipped me off about this, thought I might make a tripover there
and I must admitI thought about it. A 24 hour Juke test drive would be a good prize at the moment

Even if they can arrange it as a prize (which is by no means definate) it is possible the winner might have to arrange insurance: no problem for an old git like me, not so good for a youngster.

#14 ·
silverjuke said:
The answers on the Get Juked facebook page now.

"50 check ins on four square will unlock the swarm box"
Don't know what that means.
I don't know what that means either - it doesn't actually say what the prize is for the person who "checks in" to the venue the most, only that they are "in for a treat"

If they've managed to get 24 hour use of a dealer demo Jukes sometime in the nextweek or so(not a pre-production model) then it's a prize worth having. I'm not sure how you put a value on a prize like that

I'm so out of date, I'm not even sure how much it costs to hire an 'ordinary' car for a day

#15 ·
Well I just looked at hiring a car Kevin so let me tell you! for a Corsa for 1 day its £15... I think there might be a minimum booking of a couple days, also you need to leave £250 security deposit...

Now if you want a Ferrari 430 spyder that's a little more expensive, at £550/day & £3,000 security deposit.

#16 ·
KevInJuke said:
silverjuke said:
The answers on the Get Juked facebook page now.

"50 check ins on four square will unlock the swarm box"
Don't know what that means.
I don't know what that means either - it doesn't actually say what the prize is for the person who "checks in" to the venue the most, only that they are "in for a treat"

If they've managed to get 24 hour use of a dealer demo Jukes sometime in the nextweek or so(not a pre-production model) then it's a prize worth having. I'm not sure how you put a value on a prize like that
I've looked it up. You use your fancy phone to register your location on four square. Every time you do that its another check in.
Unfortunately for get-juked only one person is playing up til now and they've checked in only twice.http://foursquare.com/venue/9605737You can click the facebook tinyurl link that takes you to the four square website and it shows the leaderboard for mayor. One lonely name on it.
PS I should add that its not me, I'm 200 miles away.

Edited by: silverjuke

#17 ·
Oh dear, so the winner is going to get a prize for checking in only twice?

Sometimes I wish I knew a bit more about this social-media malarky, (I'd need a fancy phone too)

A lady from Borkowski PR agency is supposed to be there for Nissan,
alsoa Hollyoaks actor or two has been spotted at the venue.Wow.
Edited by: KevInJuke

#18 ·
A little bit more investigation on the foursquare website and these check ins have to be on different days, so the lady must have "checked in" once before knowing about the competition.

From her picture and her foursquare activity my guess would be she is a student that is totally unaware of today's competition and probably has no interest in a Juke.Edited by: silverjuke

#19 ·
So sad.
Interview with fans waiting for the La Roux at Manchester Piccadilly gardens, reported on facebook.
Interviewer talks about La Roux........then,
"What do you think about the Juke"
fans:"They're amazing, we love them!"
Sounds like they think that the Juke are another band playing tonight

#20 ·
Message received this morning is that there weren't as many people in attendance last night as expected, rather cold outside for the punters, but VIPs in the warmth of the"Virgin Red Room"enjoyed the free bar.

They've saved a freebie for me - a punctured Juke beach ball!

They are telling me that pictures (if anyone can be ar2ed) are expected to be put on this flickr page later: http://www.flickr.com/groups/nissanjukemysterybox/

#21 ·
Thank you to the person who reminded me about the Manchester gig and 'the mysterious prize' katie was supposed to have won:

It seems Katy still hasn't been told what her prize will be. I'm suggesting thatif the prize is theuse of a Juke for a day, it might take BorkowskiPR a while to organise it -those Jukes are probably in demand at the moment!

a dealer has already told me that while it's generally as quiet as the grave in sales, if he lets his demo go out for a whole day, it's sods-law he'll get several serious punters gagging for a drive on that particular day.

More pics of the gig and singer La Roux are here -
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19944&id=112458242136956&ref=mf

#22 ·
I guess seeing as she was the ONLY one to check in then it isn't really a fair competition! ;) I'm guessing they'll ignore her! Shame really!

Now if they ran some sort of competition where there's actually people INTERESTED in doing it they might get more than 1 person enter!

Btw Kev reckon you could ask one of your 'Contacts' if they can get hold of the artwork for the Juke billboard advert? I'd love to print a copy off for the garage wall!

#23 ·
Youcould tryTBWAthe ad agencyfor info about the poster.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/archive/1030550/Nissan-Juke-drive-targets-young-urbanites/
http://www.tbwa-london.com/

One of last weeks'contacts' at an agency (not TBWA) has already got p*ssed off and left for another job....another one to cross off in my little black book.

I'm sure katy will get something from the Manchester gig if she keeps reminding them -I was warned a while back that with so many agents/ sub agents/contractors/ hangers-on doing different things for Nissan, you need tenacity (or sheer bloody-mindedness) to get anywhere with them!
Edited by: KevInJuke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.