Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not believe that My Nissan Juke was not going to come with day running lights - made worse by the fact my husbands van, also a new model that he took delivery of in May, has them as standard!Lo and behold, reading my husbands motor magazine this week it seems all new build cars from February will have them.Come on Nissan - what do we do now?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes, lighting as a whole, spoils the Juke party a bit.
I would have expected more funky LED based rear and running lights (perhaps full rings around the main headlights for day running).

Plus some level of ambient 'mood' lighting inside (considering how cheap the after market stuff is), plus of course better lighting of switches and rear seat area - and why no glove box illumination? - not to mention the pound shop front dome light!

Also, despite all the tech, we get one measly 12v output, nothing in the rear, or the boot area. :(

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yeah - a bit of a bummer -DRLs were discussed WAY BACK when we all ordered.. We though Nissan might have put them on this model given that the law was coming in in Februrary - no suck luck.

They will do a little as is required... saves them a few pounds I suppose

Fee x
Edited by: feefeeglasgow

·
Registered
16 Posts
all above plus illumination on ignition switch and window switch.

Gearbox very clunky from 2nd to 3rd

still love the exclusivity of it, so beautiful......

·
Registered
443 Posts
The leaf s not getting funky running lights.
It's all ready type approved so come February it will be different for new cars making though the new regs.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
AARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

I have spent the last hour trying unsuccessfully to reattach the stupid fittings on the parcel shelf onto the tailgate...... Absolutely useless if you ask me - still cant get them reattached and with theat have to put my bits and pieces into the boot via the back seats.

anyone else had this problem or is it just me???

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
AARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

I have spent the last hour trying unsuccessfully to reattach the stupid fittings on the parcel shelf onto the tailgate...... Absolutely useless if you ask me - still cant get them reattached and with theat have to put my bits and pieces into the boot via the back seats.

anyone else had this problem or is it just me???

Fee x
I had this problem BIG style the day after I got the car! The trick is not to force it in - there is a way you can slide something back and then it just becomes really easy to put in, if i remember. Then I think you turn the tops 1/4 turn one way or the other. If you are trying to push it in, you are doing it wrong - there is a way to set it up so it just goes straight back in. I'd have to look at mine again to remind myself though, this was about 3 months ago!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I have been back out to the car after getting really really angry with it...

Still cant get the thing re-attached - I think I will leave it and take it back to dealership so they can show me exactly how to fix it...

Although - how difficult can it really be????

Obviously too difficult for me - no jokes please!!!!!

Fee x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tricky things like that are best left alone! I encountered a problem when I went to get fuel and it was freezing so hard the fuel flap could not open because it was iced up - felt such a wally at the petrol pump, then eureka a Damascus moment - used one of hubbies business cards to wiggle in round the edge and flick the flap out. Great relief all round!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fee it has a wee diagram and instructions on the side of the shelf...... it's women proof!

·
Registered
26 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Yeah - a bit of a bummer -DRLs were discussed WAY BACK when we all ordered.. We though Nissan might have put them on this model given that the law was coming in in Februrary - no suck luck.

Fee x
Mines due to arrive on 1st March. Does that mean it should have DRLs?
Emma x

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
EmmaBrown68 said:
feefeeglasgow said:

Fee x
Mines due to arrive on 1st March. Does that mean it should have DRLs?
Emma x
Well there is a question most assume so but a tec on here stated that as the car was holomagated prior to 02/11 it doesn't require DRL'S only time will really tell which is the right answer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts