Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to wish all the children injured in todays accident a speedy recovery. Some are still in A&E and are so brave.

·
Registered
912 Posts
marmajuke said:
Just want to wish all the children injured in todays accident a speedy recovery. Some are still in A&E and are so brave.
I'll second that Marmajuke. When kids get involved in accidents it makes your heart bleed. I lost a neice 8 years old who was knocked down by a drunken driver quite a few years ago. They should be banned from driving for life. Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
796 Posts
I was involved in a pile-up in my Roadster last year, nine injuries of which 5 were children. The driver who hit me from behind was on her mobile phone (phone to ear), and she also had her young daughter in a child seat. She hit me doing about 90 kmh and I was almost stationary.

Thankfully the injuries were not serious.

What happened on the M62?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully, all children are walking wounded. Cuts, bruises, whiplash, head injuries. 85 children in total on 2 coaches, then teachers and ta's.
Salford Royal Hospital were amazing.Major incident put in place there. Bolton hospital kept the childrens department openmost of the night. All on scene were fab.. A credit to them all.

Just wish the white van driver knew what trauma he has caused. It was good of the police to send him asap to a different hospital to all the children. Saved him being linched.Edited by: marmajuke

·
Registered
912 Posts
I was born near Bolton Marmajuke. Lived in Turks Road Radcliffe until 1952 and the house is still there, but has change considerably since those days. My parents hailed from Little Lever and Bradley Fold.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
marmajuke said:
I'll second that Marmajuke. When kids get involved in accidents it makes your heart bleed. I lost a neice 8 years old who was knocked down by a drunken driver quite a few years ago. They should be banned from driving for life.
I DISAGREE - THEY SHOULD BE HUNG.AND I WOULD GLADLY DO IT.

Yes i also send my bestwishesto them, i think children in general with any kind of accident hits home! Especially when you have kids yourself.
Edited by: snout

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Good to hear they are all going to be ok, I hope they throw the book and everything else at the driver who caused it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kats said:
Good to hear they are all going to be ok, I hope they throw the book and everything else at the driver who caused it.
Me too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
BremenNacht said:
Only just seen this, I'm also glad they are all going to be ok. But I guess it will be a while till they feel safe travelling again
I've been offline for a few days and also have only just found this post.I agree with all of the above, thank goodness they're all ok.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geoff_Juke said:
I was born near Bolton Marmajuke. Lived in Turks Road Radcliffe until 1952 and the house is still there, but has change considerably since those days. My parents hailed from Little Lever and Bradley Fold.
Hi Geoff,

My children go to school at masefield in Little Lever. A lovely little village.I frequentlyuse Turks Road. Small world.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Some years ago an ex military friend of mine in Norwich drove his wife who was a nurse to work (night shift as a nurse). In the car he had is young chils in a car seat. Dropped his wife off and on the way home, his car was hit by drunk joyriders. ma friend and his baby died vers soon after whilst his wife was at work.

Dont know what the outcome of the case was but I bet these people are walking free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts