Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have problems with the luggage boot door left hinge. When I am closing the boot I am hearing a noise and now I am noticing that the hing (where there is the shock) of the left side is moving. Has anyone met the same problem.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
HiyaSorry but am I understanding you properly Are you talking about the pneumatic arm that lifts the tailgate??If its the hinge? and its moving - I certainly dont think it should be moving - should be well tight...Can anyone check theirs please to advise Maltese JukeFee x

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fee . Yes I am talking about the pneumatic arm that lifts the tailgate. And now it is getting worse. It is moving more and more cracking sound is coming from it. At the time being I am kinda disappointed with my Juke. Thursday I found out that the paint started to peel from near the front arch both sides and now this hinge. An eight month car should do better I think .

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Mj the arm is faulty as for peeling paint, read elsewhere on the forum this is a known issue, which Nissan is sorting back to the dealer with that aswell but wait for the solution before have the paint rectified
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today day I went to Nissan garage and it took them only 2 minutes to fix. They found out that the bolts of the pneumatic arm that lifts the tailgate were loose so what they did is they tightened the bolts and the game was done. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi not sure but mine is a top of the range juke and since i closed the back seats to load luggage then when i put them back up i found a lovely knocking/rattling noise which Nissan cannot give me a permanent fix for outrageous!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check the pneumatic arm that lifts the tailgate if it moves it means All you have to do is to open
the boot and try to open and close the rear door. While moving the rear(luggage) door
look at the hinges where the pneumatic arm is bolted, and try to see if it is moving. If nothing is moving than it
is ok. It means that the noise is coming from the board that covers the
plastic tray. In that case try to stick some tiny strips of foam/rubber
to stop the noise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there welcome to the nightmare, I have a 1.6 Tekna and after 3 weeks my back seat started rattling after i had closed and opened the back seats, have spoken to Dealer and Nissan head office they have replied that apart from the temporary fix which has been carried out twice there is nothing else they can do, not good enough in my books so I have passed it to a legal advisor, a brand new top of the range car needs to be perfect!!!!good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts