Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting the acenta premium with sports pack i know doing it now would probably invalidate the warranty but would an LPG conversion be OK on the petrol version when the warranty expires

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mind you then again for me its a pointless question im only having the juke for 3 years

·
Registered
142 Posts
my understanding is that with direct injection engines its quite hard to get a decent conversion, I looked at the CX7 once and was advised it may be a problem, also any Mitsubishi petrol engines were likely to cause much sucking of teeth and shaking of heads.
mind you this was a couple of years ago things may have changed. I had a range rover with a gas conversion which was fantastic especially as I was getting gas at 35p/litre.
I still toy with a Cayenne with a conversion in my more dreamy moments!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Forgive my ignorance here folks but do you not have to have something put in the boot of the car for an LPG conversion? If so, the JUKES boot is small - would it fit.
Fee x

·
Registered
443 Posts
deks36 said:
simple solution really more mpg needed = DIESEL
If you longer journeys then get a Diesel,Espechaly now cars have DPF filters.
Short trips you get better MPG out of a petrol.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Juke-of-earl said:
deks36 said:
simple solution really more mpg needed = DIESEL
If you longer journeys then get a Diesel,Espechaly now cars have DPF filters.

Short trips you get better MPG out of a petrol.

well either you are Nissan are wrong, as figures by Nissan dont back up what you say
and personally I dont believe the petrol will do more MPG around town than a diesel

and quote Nissan urban MPG pterol 34.9 diesel 46.3

so please explain how petrol is more efficent round town?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Diesel gets better mpg whatever conditions you drive in, whether its motorway or urban. However, diesel is more expensive to buy at the pumps (6-7p a litre by me), 2k more to buy the car in the first place and does considerable damage to the environment (though the DPF does help with that).
As has been said before, unless you are going to do 60-70,000 miles in your car, buying a diesel won't save you any money

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
already saved me money tax is less and i will get an element of exttra cost back when i sell it
oh and for the record i estimate my annual mileage to be 7000

I do agree however despite its lower greener tax band the diesel is far worse for the environment than the petrol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts