Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my beautiful, shiny, white juke yesterday. Was so thrilled aswe got lots of envious looks everywhere I went.

HOWEVER, I did notice some deep scratches on the plastic pillars at the sides of the windscreen. I wiped them with a damp cloth but they remained. I waited for hubby to have a look today and he agreed that they were awful. I popped into my dealer who asked the bodyshop to have a look at it. After 20mins they returned the car to me. Goodness knows what they did but its a mess! The pillars look like they have had a scouring pad on them and are full of patchy white marks. Hubby is on the way back to the dealer now. Am gutted,as hubby says that they will need to replace the pillars which will destabilise the whole car and that I will end up with lots of squeaks etc.

Has anyone got any ideas what they may have done to my baby? Or if it can be rectified?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
wow, if its that new and they made it worse then they should be able to repray / repaint just that pillar however if you got the platinum pack then this would have to reapplied to the section that would be repainted.
Dont stress to much. the dealer should recfity this for you

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had scratches on my windscreen and it was replaced...i think its happened in transit. they need to replace this to your full satisfaction!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Someone's tried to polish the scratches out and just made it all worse.
Scouring and white marks sounds like a T-cut type of product used by someone
without a clue what they were doing.
If all the damage is in the plastic though,replacements should be ok.

It's the dearlers problem to fix it.
Regardless of whether they put the original marks there,
it's up to them to ensure that what you receive is a new vehicle in A1 condition.
And they are certainly responsible for the later marks.

Just been out and looked at the interior facing of my A-pillars
and they look quite switchable to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As has being said already there should be no problem in swapping out the plastic trim. This will have no affect on the stability of the car and if fitted correctly will not squeak either.
You will be back driving around with a smile on your face in no time.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Bean, i am sorry to hear all the problems you had, normally it had to be fun and fantastic. I hope they can fix the problem fast so that you can enjoy your new car like it should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts