Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my Juke (JavaJuke as he is now called) on 20th November, and may I just say, I am in love with it. Its FANTASTIC.
Just a couple problems and questions i've thought and found,

1. The day I picked up the car, and its happened a couple times since, the car would NOT go into 5th gear. It just wouldn't go. It felt like if I had forced it, something would have broken. But sometimes its quite jerky going into first too? Instead of one smooth movement into 1st, it tends to be quite harsh and I have to force it.

2. I washed the car, I have washed it twice now, and both times i've noticed the foglights have 'fogged up'? Surely that defeats the object (lol!). I called the dealership, and they told me to just watch it. I went into the dealership, and showed the dealership principal, and he told me its because of the cold temperatures, I went into the service center to pick up my floor-mats, and he told me they are breatheable foglights!?!??! (I don't know who to believe!?!?!?!)

3. When I picked up the car, I was told I had Heated Door Mirrors. Now there is a few sites on the internet that say I do have them, but I have since been told by the dealership, that NO Jukes have them, and then i've been told that my model doesn't have them. In the manual it does mention them (if fitted). Well, if I have got them, they aren't working, as they stayed fogged up the other day for at least an hours drive.

Other than that, I love my Juke!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
3. you've not got them.
I started a long thread about them but basically n-one has them in the UK.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
1. 5 speed box can bit a bit iffy a couple of owners have reported problems 1 has in fact had a new gearbox in theirs inside of 2 weeks
2. this is a world wide problem of the lights fogging up apparently,
3 no juke has heated mirrrors even some colder overseas climates dont have them

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ok no.uk.speck cars have heated mirrors.
There is a customer bulliten that explains condensation in the lamps .
It should go in gear properly .
Book it in and ask for the master tec to go on a road test with you and explain your problem.hopefully you can re create it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine was notchy going into first gear at first but has loosened up now. I've not had any trouble with the higher gears.

Can't say I've really noticed the lights fogging up but I probably haven't looked properly. I presume the heat from the lights would clear it pretty quickly anyway.

·
Registered
154 Posts
must admit,the 5 gear version i test drove was quite notchy...but the 6 speed gear box seems very tight and well put together on the models that have them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
picked up my accenta premium in white on one of the worst days of snow!
what a time to go from a honda CRV 4x4 :( really noticed the difference
in handling. But love it anyway.

Gearbox really notchy dealers says it will get better after 1000 mile.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is notchy still going from first to second, then gets better in higher gears

·
Registered
16 Posts
the demo car wasnt as notchy, i remember thinking how smooth it was! unless the demo cars have refined gearboxes. something they used too do at Rover for the press cars..

·
Registered
167 Posts
whats the mileage on the demo car? maybe its had time to bed in Edited by: Juke_and_the_Fatman

·
Registered
16 Posts
demo car had 2000k on it, asked the dealer about it. and he said "they need time too bed in"

hope it does as i love it and would hate it too ruin my experiance with my Daisy

·
Registered
329 Posts
daisydude said:
demo car had 2000k on it, asked the dealer about it. and he said "they need time too bed in"

hope it does as i love it and would hate it too ruin my experiance with my Daisy

Jesus 2000K!!!!! That must have done some demonstrations!!!

Seriously, mines the same as most - a bit notchy in 1st and 2nd, but fine otherwise. Guess its just a characteristic of this particular gearbox?

Andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts