Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Picked up my new Juke yesterday (1st Sept) & I love it. Havn't done many miles yet, as I'm getting to grips with all the controls. I have a couple of issues (See Below) but this might be down to me. I've flicked through the owners manual & I'm sure its not me.

1. The drivers windowhas One Touch, It opens ok One Touch, but will not close One Touch. I have to keep the button pressed up to close otherwise it stops.

2. Cruise Control doesn't seem to work. Select Cruise control (Green Clock Light On Dashboard) Select Set button (Green Set Light On Dashboard) Select desired speed no feet on pedals, car just slows down. CruiseControl doesn't engadge. Speed Limiter is working.
Any Idea Guys.

Regards

Wizard

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wizard said:
Hi All

Picked up my new Juke yesterday (1st Sept) & I love it.
Cool

Havn't done many miles yet, as I'm getting to grips with all the controls. I have a couple of issues (See Below) but this might be down to me. I've flicked through the owners manual & I'm sure its not me.

1. The drivers windowhas One Touch, It opens ok One Touch, but will not close One Touch. I have to keep the button pressed up to close otherwise it stops.
Dunno about that one.

2. Cruise Control doesn't seem to work. Select Cruise control (Green Clock Light On Dashboard) Select Set button (Green Set Light On Dashboard) Select desired speed no feet on pedals, car just slows down. CruiseControl doesn't engadge. Speed Limiter is working.
Any Idea Guys.
I had a similar issue getting CC to work initially and itseemed that settingit is very slightly different to the QQ I had previously.Press the Set button at the desired speed but keep it pressedwhile youtake your footoff the accelerator. Once your foot is off you can let the button go and it should be OK.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Okay, with drivers side one touch. When you press it down it has 2 levels, the first is for normal down so when u let go it will stop. If u push down a little harder u will feel it click to the second level were the window will go all the way down automatically. its the same with up. Press up and it will go up, press up hard (so 2 levels again) and it should auto up.

With regards to CC, you should press the button on the stering wheel so the green symbol lights up, use the rocker switch to press set ( this is done thumbing down). You should now see a digital read out of what you speed it set to (This is the speed u are doing when u press set. You should now be able to take your feet off the pedals.
If this doesnt work, check that your auto lights and auto wipers are working.
If they are also not working as they should then your transport fuse has not been pushed back in (or taken out, i forget which)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mega-byte

Thanks for the info. Think I've sussed out the Cruise Control issue after taking it out for a spin earlier. The Cruise would still not engadge, so a carefully eased my foot under the clutch pedal & it engadged. It now seems to be working ok, but if I even breathe on the clutch pedal it will dis-engadge. Seems very very sensitive, I will speak to the dealer about it when he phones me in a day or two.

With regards to the drivers window, this is what happens:

With the window closed, any press light or hard, the window opens fully. I can only stop it by quickly pressing the button up. With the window open, fully or partially it will only close if I keep my finger on the up position of the button, regardless of pressure applied. Maybe a faulty switch ?

On all the vehicles I've owned in the past that has One Touch, when the window is opening, it can be stopped in any position by pressing or touching the switch up or down.

Regards

Wizard

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ah, okay. Your the second person to mention that their Clutch was far to sensitive and interfering with the CC.
Hope they put it right with minimal fuss :D

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Nothing wrong with clutch......

As you drive press the cc button ( lights up on dash ) at the speed you want to cruise at press set ( the speed is then displayed) you can then take your foot off the gas! If you want to increase or reduce speed you can do so via button on steering wheel..... It's a very easy system

Lj

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Lady juke said:
Nothing wrong with clutch......

As you drive press the cc button ( lights up on dash ) at the speed you want to cruise at press set ( the speed is then displayed) you can then take your foot off the gas! If you want to increase or reduce speed you can do so via button on steering wheel..... It's a very easy system

Lj
LJ, When CC is engaged it will automatically disengage when you break and slow down beyond a certain point and will disengage immediately when the cluch is pressed in (this is to stop the car trying to keep up a speed with no resistance and would send the revs through the roof).
This seems to be the problem as the OP has said that even a slight brush with the clutch will kill the CC :D

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Why disengage the clutch?
On the motorway in cc I just dab the brake if needed, then press the set again to restart cc..... No clutch needed!

Lj x

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I dont know why they set it like that.
It might just be a safety thing as when you need to break suddenly or hard people are known to put the clutch in :D

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I understand the idea for the clutch MB, but like I said, on the motorway if in cc and someone pulls out etc etc and you need to slow done you would use the brake and not jump on the clutch..... Or chaos and Geoff would be after you

Lj x

·
Registered
912 Posts
Cruise Control is what it says. It is meant for cruising on dual carriageways and Motorways, where you want to travel at a constant speed, without having your foot on the accelerator. If you want to speed up to overtake, just hit the accelerator and you can speed up until you release the throttle, once you take your foot off, it will revert back to the set speed. If you touch the clutch or brake pedal, whilst you are driving with cruise control set, the cruise control will disengage and will have to be reset again. For ordinary road driving, you don't need to use cruise control.
The Speed Limiter is a diiferent control and you can set this to the maximum speed that you wish to travel. This is handy when traveling through road works with set speed restrictions, because once set, no matter how much you put your foot on the throttle, the car will not travel any faster than the set speed.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
hehe true that. Just telling ya as it is.
Geoff, You can accelerate a little but i need to have a re-read of the manual because if you go faster than a certain % or maybe 10 miles faster that what CC is set to it will also disengage :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
I think you will find there is a top limit at which the CC can be set. Maybe 70/80 not sure. I used to drive a Mercedes Actros Truck which had cruise control, but as the truck was governed to 56 mph, you could not set it above that limit. I doubt whether you could set CC to 100 mph, because there might be an upper limit. Until I get our Juke, I won't know.

I won't be travelling much above 80 anyway (only on Motorways when Mr Plod is not about)
Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
had my CC set to 90 on the way to Orton hall :D
but only for a short time as speeding is bad...

·
Registered
415 Posts
On the steering wheel the left switch is the speed limiter the cruise is on the right. I hav eused the speed limiter on the Island as we have quite a few 20 mile zones also Portsmouth.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your comments. I've spoken to the dealer, he agrees that the Cruise Control issue on my Juke needs to be looked at, as the pedals sensor is far to sensetive. Regarding my question about the One Touch on the drivers window I'm getting mixed answers. The dealer has looked at another Juke & said that the operation that I get is correct. The owners manual & mega-byte say different. Can anyone else confirm the following:

With regards to the drivers window, this is what happens:

With
the window closed, any press light or hard, the window opens fully. I
can only stop it by quickly pressing the button up. With the window
open, fully or partially it will only close if I keep my finger on the
up position of the button, regardless of pressure applied. Maybe a
faulty switch ?

On all the vehicles I've owned in the past that
has One Touch, when the window is opening, it can be stopped in any
position by pressing or touching the switch up or down.

Regards

Wizard

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well i have the Tekna and it has auto up and down. When it is going down it cannot be stopped by pressing down but only by pressing and the same for going up. If that makes sense. So to stop the auto down i press up. to stop the auto up i press down :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi mega-byte

Yes that makes sense, I understand. Just checked again, If I quickly jab the button to open the window it will go down in stages (Hope this makes sense) any other kind of pressure results in One Touch opening. Closing the window does not work with One Touch, only constant pressure lifting the switch, otherwise the window stops. The dealer is claiming this is correct after testing another new Juke. I'm wondering if Nissan have changed the way the window operates, maybe a safety issue ?

It is something that I will get used to, but couldn't understand why the owners manual states one thing & the window operation does something else.

Regards

Wizard

P.S.

As soon as I get 5 mins I will upload some Photos.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hmm, what spec car do you have?
Since your in Brum it shouldnt be to hard to find another dealer with other jukes for you to test? Failing that you more than welcome to take a drive to worcester and have a look at how it "should" work.
As for satfey precautions: there are built in safe guards that stop the window from closing when a certain amount of pressure is excreted. Otherwise there would be many documented cases of children getting their arms, legs and necks caught in a closing window. I know this from experiance as i have once gotten my arm stuck in an automatic window

Long story but suffice to say i was washing the car, reached in through the window to wind it up and forgot about the auto close and didnt get my arm out in time hehe :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi mega-byte

I have the 1.6 Accenta, 61 plate. No sport or premium pack. Don't think this would make any difference to electric windows.

Can anyone else out there throw some light on this issue.

Regards

Wizard

1 - 20 of 32 Posts