Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

LOVE IT?- HATE IT? - RATE IT!!

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  ... 
#1 ·
Hi all
Its fair to assume Nissan look at this site and will continue to do so in the future.

Is there anything you love or hate about the Juke and what would you change??

- Styling of the Juke
High driving position
Bluetooth
Steering wheel is dinky and cracking handling!!!!
Fuel consumption in the 1.5Dci is good on MOTORWAY ONLY

- No courtesy light in back seat - desperately required - especially when theres privacy glass
Buttons for central locking etc on door handle need illuminated badly
Front window demister needs improved - takes ages to demist in cold weather
Spare wheel SHOULD come as standard
Soft touch plastics should be in the cabin - not the hard plastic
Colour co-ordinated console would be a good idea
MPG in town driving - absolutely abysmal - a disgrace !!!!!

- overall I think the JUKE is well worth the money paid for it
I love it and am happy with my lot - however the above would make the driving experience
that little bit better.........

Fee x

Edited by: feefeeglasgow

See less See more
#3 ·
feefeeglasgow said:
Hi all
Its fair to assume Nissan look at this site and will continue to do so in the future.

Is there anything you love or hate about the Juke and what would you change??

- Styling of the Juke
High driving position
Bluetooth
Steering wheel is dinky and cracking handling!!!!
Fuel consumption in the 1.5Dci is brilliant

- No courtesy light in back seat - desperately required - especially when theres privacy glass
Buttons for central locking etc on door handle need illuminated badly
Front window demister needs improved - takes ages to demist in cold weather
Spare wheel SHOULD come as standard
Soft touch plastics should be in the cabin - not the hard plastic
Colour co-ordinated console would be a good idea

- overall I think the JUKE is well worth the money paid for it
I love it and am happy with my lot - however the above would make the driving experience
that little bit better.........

Fee x
Hi Fee
I agree with all the good points - I cant comment on the Dci but the petrol is great too

Courtesy light in back seat -
does need better internal lighting
Buttons for central locking etc on door handle need
illuminated badly -
yup

Front window demister needs improved - Would love a heated screen

Spare wheel SHOULD come as standard - Yup, bit of a joke that theres no spare

Soft touch plastics should be in the cabin - dont mind the cabin plastics, only down side is easy to scratch

Colour co-ordinated console would be a good idea - Yup as an option, I wouldn't want a black console in our black Juke the red looks great

Also all door mirrors on all trim levels should be heated, I had a Cavalier 20 years ago with heated mirrors!!

The Juke is great fun a joy to drive and to own, the styling is fantastic a great car

Love it
B&L

#6 ·
Again, less than impressed with Nissan as a company and customer services is well below par considering they mucked up their launch not the customer.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
That said though,still excited about the car mainly because of all the great reviews from you guys.

#7 ·
Handling for such a tall car
Look of the car - well done for being brave with the design
Nissanconnect system and price of the system
Drive modes -thought they were a gimmick but really do use them and they alter the car's character so much

Lack of "premium" options - see mini for example. As a bare minimum, I'd like to have a DAB radio.
Lack of paint choices and fairly dull colours for such a mental looking car - at least give us the US/Japanese blue, guys.
Centre console should be available in more colours
The key. It's not even a folding key. It looks like the spare key on a BMW/VW.
Option of a proper automatic. No offence to the guys who've ordered the CVT, but it's 30 year old technology. Double-clutch, flappy paddles please! I'd've had an auto if they'd done a DSG.

Generally though, well done Nissan on a great car

#8 ·
These comments are worrying me a little bit. You'd think in this day and age a car built in 2010/11 would have those things as standard...I didn't even think about it before. I have a ten year old Toyota Yaris with all of the aforementioned things so am wondering why I'm part exchanging now....That said the juke looks pretty impressive, but Nissan need to take these suggestions on board definately....I mean no courtesy light what are they thinking.....oh I forgot we have 20hrs of sunshine in the UK!

#13 ·
From a dealers point of view you are all right, as fantastic as the car is there are a few things we would like to see. Same can be said about any product though really.

Rear illumination lights and lights under the dash like the new Qashqai.
Window switches and door lock button should be illuminated.
Heated mirrors.
Electric seats on Tekna.
Bose stereo on Tekna like the Qashqai.
Sunroof. Why the USA can have them and we cant is beyond me.
Spare wheel (but this is removed to improve CO2, tax bracket and MPG) Blame the hippies for this!
Paddles on the CVT, they have engineered in gear changes in sport mode and the tiptronic is a nice touch, but paddles would have been such a teriffic selling point!

Apart from that, the car is fantastic!

#15 ·
silverjuke said:
No offence to the guys who've ordered the CVT, but it's 30 year old technology. Double-clutch, flappy paddles please!

I had paddles on my last car and never used them in 6 years.

The CVT is smooooth!
As long as you're happy, thats great. Just my opinion, but CVT put me off having an auto. If you look at the CVT, you get worse acceleration, worse mpg and less control. Compare to a DSG when you'll get a smaller 0-60 time, better fuel economy and quicker gear changes than a human could ever do and why anyone would buy a manual over a DSG is beyond me. I just think its about time Nissan got in the 21st century, especially given all the focus on emissions

#17 ·
New - it might be , but there are glaring deficiencies in parts with the Juke.

Internal illumination being one - Which dumpling thought it was a good idea NOT to put a courtesy light in the back - especially where privacy glass was being fitted

i didn't think it would be an issue - but it SOOO is... My wee boy dropped something in the back th other night and we could NOT find it.... What happens if parents were trying to fit kiddies into a child seat in the back at night... a total nightmare, i would think

Fee x

#18 ·
My personal opinion is once Nissan designed the outside and realised it was going to be a massive hit they just rushed the inside and forgot some fundemental basics, like courtesy lights, illuminated panels, and the fact the non i mode centre console looks like its from the 80's. and the vast difference in options around the world is ridiculous i mean why can some markets have a sunroof and we cant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.