Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All
I've posted on here before about howI couldn't decide between gun metallic or black, and now I'm paying the price for my indecision!
I ordered the black a few weeks ago, then thought I wanted gun metallic so ordered that - then was very unsure. So then found a dealer that had the blue and white in stock which I was also interested in. Having seen the gun metallic, black, white and haptic blue in the metal, I decided quickly on the arctic white - she looks realllllyyy fab in white. She looks great in all colours and I never thought I would wanta white car, but WOW, for me- it's the colour. Since I saw her in white, I've not oncesecond guessed my finaldecision!
Now, as a result of all of my major indecision and dithering, my delivery date is 8th Feb NEXT YEAR


So, do I have the longest waiting time?? But still, I'drather wait the four months or so and have what I really want.

Bibi xEdited by: Bibi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Is that from Glyn Hopkins? If so your delivery date is probably an honest estimate of the longest time you'll have to wait. It may just be that Nissan are now giving more realistic waiting times rather than failing our expectations.
Better to get what you want.
Have you been quoted a price with VAT at 20% ie after the 1/1/11 increase?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Hi Bibi,

I ordered mine on the 29th July. My dealer informed me from the outset that the DiG-T wouldn't be rolling off the production line until November.

My deliverydate was later confirmed as the 29th October and (as of last week) appears unchanged.I'm not jumping up and down at the moment but I will be if there isn't a shiny new Jukeon my driveway by the end of December!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
447 Posts
Bibi said:
Hey All
I've posted on here before about howI couldn't decide between gun metallic or black, and now I'm paying the price for my indecision!
I ordered the black a few weeks ago, then thought I wanted gun metallic so ordered that - then was very unsure. So then found a dealer that had the blue and white in stock which I was also interested in. Having seen the gun metallic, black, white and haptic blue in the metal, I decided quickly on the arctic white - she looks realllllyyy fab in white. She looks great in all colours and I never thought I would wanta white car, but WOW, for me- it's the colour. Since I saw her in white, I've not oncesecond guessed my finaldecision!
Now, as a result of all of my major indecision and dithering, my delivery date is 8th Feb NEXT YEAR


So, do I have the longest waiting time?? But still, I'drather wait the four months or so and have what I really want.

Bibi x
Good on you waiting Bibi, it is a long old wait but 4 months is only a fraction of time you'll be keeping the car, so best to order what you want! Although you will pay the higher vat rate which work out as a couple hundred quid extra, hopefully the dealer will make up the difference with some sweetner due to the wait!

Hope you plan to clean it weekly! ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
447 Posts
Bibi, just had a thought 8th of Feb is pretty close to when the new 2011 reg comes out, could it not be worth waiting the 20 days till the 1st of march and have a shiny new XX11 XXX number plate? If I was waiting 4 months another 20 days wouldn't be that much longer ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Good for you for waiting it really is worth it to get what you want and you will love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silverjuke said:
Is that from Glyn Hopkins? If so your delivery date is probably an honest estimate of the longest time you'll have to wait. It may just be that Nissan are now giving more realistic waiting times rather than failing our expectations.


Better to get what you want.


Have you been quoted a price with VAT at 20% ie after the 1/1/11 increase?


Hi Silverjuke,
Yes it's Glyn Hopkins, and they think the date will come forward. Told me I'll have to pay the extra vat if she comes in 2011
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Bibi said:
Hi Silverjuke,
Yes it's Glyn Hopkins, and they think the date will come forward. Told me I'll have to pay the extra vat if she comes in 2011
They were very honest with delivery dates with me; I got fooled into believing another dealer (Mill Hill wlmg) could get it sooner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iamdabe said:
Bibi, just had a thought 8th of Feb is pretty close to when the new 2011 reg comes out, could it not be worth waiting the 20 days till the 1st of march and have a shiny new XX11 XXX number plate? If I was waiting 4 months another 20 days wouldn't be that much longer ;)
Absolutely, good thinking Iamdabe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
silverjuke said:
Bibi said:
Hi Silverjuke,
Yes it's Glyn Hopkins, and they think the date will come forward. Told me I'll have to pay the extra vat if she comes in 2011

They were very honest with delivery dates with me; I got fooled into believing another dealer (Mill Hill wlmg) could get it sooner
Did you go with Mill Hill wlmg because they gave an earlier delivery date, think I've read your posts on that. How annoying, are they compensating you for the 3 month delay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alicat said:
Good for you for waiting it really is worth it to get what you want and you will love it.
Thanks Alicat,your haptic blue is really lovely - very classy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Bibi said:
Did you go with Mill Hill wlmg because they gave an earlier delivery date, think I've read your posts on that. How annoying, are they compensating you for the 3 month delay?
The only reason I went with them was because they said I could have it in Sept or Oct. No contact from them and then (after trying to speak to someone for 3 days) they said it won't be til December. I complained to Nissan Customer Service who have twice "instructed" the dealership to phone me and offer me some kind of sweetener and they still haven't picked up the phone.
If I could transfer the order back to Watford I would, but I can't without a complete re-order and waiting til next year. Watford said mid November at the time and I foolishly decided to go elsewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
Silverjuke
As another owner in waiting - why dont you email every single Nissan dealer - big ask I know and ask to be considered for a cancelled order if one came up - perhaps you might be lucky..
Its a lot of legwork but perhaps worth it
Theres a few dealers on here who might be able to help also
Good luck matey - NCS are pants. Their lack of knowledge with deliveries is lamentable. Mine even blamed the dealer for giving me wrong information... My dealer was only giving me details from the Nissan delivery system!!!!!!!
Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing..
Fee x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
silverjuke said:
The only reason I went with them was because they said I could have it in Sept or Oct. No contact from them and then (after trying to speak to someone for 3 days) they said it won't be til December. I complained to Nissan Customer Service who have twice "instructed" the dealership to phone me and offer me some kind of sweetener and they still haven't picked up the phone.


If I could transfer the order back to Watford I would, but I can't without a complete re-order and waiting til next year. Watford said mid November at the time and I foolishly decided to go elsewhere.
That's awful and I would be really mad. It's not great that that any of us have to wait sooo long butif the dealer is honest, I can cope.
Are you flexible at all with colour? Cos I know of a few orders that have been cancelled
but the cars will still be delivered to the dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
I'm very flexible with colour but I want the Acenta premium CVT.
One dealer did offer me a sport, but I decided to wait for the premium.
I have made contact with a few dealers, through here and facebook, but no-one has a cancelled order for an automatic yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
I cant speak for other dealers , but anyone with a juke on order with us , or orders placed before 31 dec 2010 , We as holdcrofts will price protect the deal so not worry anout the vat increase also any accessory's ordered at that time will also be price protected .

JOhn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I ordered 20th June DIG-t and at the latest point it is due to be delivered sometime december (yes NCS they are as vague as that) That would mean a 5 1/2 month wait! Anyone beat that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
feefeeglasgow said:
Aww bless - think anyone will be hard pushed to beat your record!!!!

Fee x
not a good record to beat though. would rather not have this one. i will keep annoying ncs and see if it gets me anywhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
When you look at the google ads at the bottom of the page:
Nissan. "The wait is over"
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top