Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
As per usual forum etiquette, virtual drinks on me. Make mine a GnT.Been interested in the Juke since its launch and have been reading this forum since early Sept.
Two questions come to mind which haven't been answered as yet.
First one quite trivial - the boot: can it fit a set of golf clubs? It's not a must, but a good way to benchmark size versus my 99 Nissan Micra banger.
Second one, perhaps a bit more sensitive: Why buy new? And how do you all buy new? Convince me I should!!
I love the look of the Juke, but having always bought used cars for a couple of grand, £13k+ seems a lot of money, especially when in three years it will be worth half that. I find it difficult to put that aside, especially as I would probably change in 3yrs.What is it that makes you choose to go new?
If you do, and I apologise if this is sensitive info, but do you mostly get finance, or is it common to pay cash?
Bit of background on me... mostly a biker (ride a KTM 990SM if that means anything to you). I bought a cheap banger to keep my then girlfriend (now wife) warm and dry in winter. Now we drive more and more I am looking to change. I am a bit of petrol head so driving a Micra is like punishment for me. Time for a better car. Top of the used car list is something like a Honda Civic TypeR/S appx £3k. Top of the new car list would possibly be a Juke.
I also like qashqais, but they're everywhere in London. Also want something that will do 0-60 in less than 10 secs! Also, second hand they are still much more than I would be able to afford.
Thoughts and experiences much appreciated!!
AbracosH

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Hi welocme to the forum, its a gieven that any new car will depreciate so yes in some ways it pay to wait til its 3 years old then buy one, its about what you want if you just want a car to do a job and not fussed on age etc then buy a cheap runner if you want the koudos of a new car and the new car feel and smell buy a new one and accept the depreciation as we all do, think on this though if no one bought a new car then their will not be any cheap used cars out there.
0-60 in under 10 sec then you will be looking at the DIG-T which is more than £13k about £16k i think.
Mine is new and I will change it in 3 years aswell mine is on a PCP which means I basically lease it for 3 years if i want to keep it i cough the balance if not i give it back and walk away or P/X and start again

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Carioca

Welcome to the forum

Cant answer your first question re golf clubs although I could say they def would fit with one of the back seats down - theres plenty of space there.....

As for buying new - the JUKE is so new there wasnt really any options to buy second hand. There are a few kicking around now. But buying new in general - i think is a personal thing. Its nice to be the first person to own the car and for the knowledge of how the car has been treated, driven and serviced...

See ya

Fee x

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi and welcome, I have never bought a new car before - It was the look of the Juke that awoke the desire in me to own one and that means getting new. Myself I am leasing for 3 years and as Deks36 has already stated the options are walk away and hope for good residual value (early indications are good) or if I can't bear to part with it the cough up the outstanding balance.
On your other point, Deks36 has no idea what it feels like to get to 60 in under 10 seconds as he is a Diesel fan...................

Enjoy your time on the forum and hope you get all the answers you need.
regards
12inch

·
Registered
39 Posts
Despite much ridicule from my wife for trying, I can confirm that a full size golf bag and clubs DOES fit in the boot area, even with a large headed driver in the bag (that's a club, not a comment on my wife). Youwould struggle to get atrolley in too, and you definately won't be putting a second golf bag in there.

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
davethecardboardbox said:
Despite much ridicule from my wife for trying, I can confirm that a full size golf bag and clubs DOES fit in the boot area, even with a large headed driver in the bag (that's a club, not a comment on my wife). Youwould struggle to get atrolley in too, and you definately won't be putting a second golf bag in there.

Hope that helps?
note the poster removing the option for a joke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts