·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan factory near Sunderland UK - 3 November 2010

Juke leads, Indian Micras follow:

Jukes in a line:

Lots of offices - many of them seem rather empty

What is the car with tape on it? I don’t know.Several Jukes in pic below - the white one stands out best:

This is what you see when you arrive at the factory:

This is what you see when the barrier goes up and Checkpoint Charlie lets you through into theInner sactum that is Nissan Manufacturing UK !

I want that Gold Infiniti. Its an upmarket Juke/Qashqai thingy

Yes that gold one:

JUKES!

WAIT A MINUTE - I SEE JUKES BEING LOADED UP IN THE DISTANCE!

Need to get closer, but without anyone noticing the camera:

Crikey - nearly got run over by a transporter load of Jukes here

Edited by: KevInJuke

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To the person whosays they are going to get me into trouble with Nissan for taking photos ontheir private grounds:
SAVE YOUR ENERGY!

I've already sent over 100 photos from yesterday (inside and outside)to Nissan/nissan.jp(at their request) and have shown you just a few 'outside' pics onthis forum(with permission) including some picswhichwere taken before and after my visit, from a Public Bridleway which runs alongside part of the site for which no permission is needed
The chain link fencing is a clue!

I enjoyed going and hope some of you enjoyed seeing a few of my piccies.

If you are going to put seat covers on a Juke,
make sure they fit properly or they'll look naff!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Christ wonder how long the cars sit there for before being shipped?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theguru said:
Christ wonder how long the cars sit there for before being shipped?
TheJukes I saw back in August were dealer demo/showroom cars and first customer cars.....hundreds and hundreds of Jukes all together.

They seem to havegone now andnew Micras sit in their place now.

The layout of Cubes and some of the Infiniti cars looks veryfamiliar - some of them dont seem to have moved since August, but thenthe Cube is proving to be a very slow seller, I don't know how well Infiniti cars are selling.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Did you get to see a brown JUKE?
Qasqie looks good in brown.Only seen it on the configur your car Nissan site. but the online pic and real world look are two different things.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maurice said:
Kev, the vehicle with the tape around the doors is a Pixo which is made in India
Thank you Maurice.

We didnt see many Pixos, orNavaras or X-trails- maybe they are stored near the commercial vehicles.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Juke-of-earl said:
Did you get to see a brown JUKE?
Qasqie looks good in brown.Only seen it on the configur your car Nissan site. but the online pic and real world look are two different things.

I didnt see a Machine Brown Juke on Wednesday, but have seenBrown Jukes before.
It's a very very dark brown; it looks almost black.

Here's a Machine Brown JukeI saw at a dealership in Derbyshire some weeks ago:

·
Registered
69 Posts
mine has been sitting in there somewhere for a month now and still 4/ 5 weeks to wait.

do you think they would mind me coming to pick it up? not that I am desperate and jealous of all those getting theirs now

·
Registered
754 Posts
On a 10 plate, so must have been registered before 1st September.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't seemany white ones.
The white, silver, grey and red Jukes are easy to spot from a distance: a lot of theothers look black until you get close and then you realise some of them are actually Machine Brown or Haptic Blue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
KevInJuke said:
I didn't seemany white ones.
The white, silver, grey and red Jukes are easy to spot from a distance: a lot of theothers look black until you get close and then you realise some of them are actually Machine Brown or Haptic Blue.

Hi Kevin,
I can practically see the factory from my house. There has been a lot of "Juke" movement over the past few weeks... ;)
My local dealer said at lot of people assume red is going to be the most popular colour given that it is all the marketing ad's so are going with the gun metal or black.
Same thing with the white. A lot of people assume it is going to over popular so avoid it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
silverjuke said:
On a 10 plate, so must have been registered before 1st September.
And an OU plate so must be Oxfordshire! Derbyshire would start with F

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
seems to be a lot them 10 plate pre production models floating about seen 2 on ebay aswell
as fee says AVOID pre production test models

1 - 15 of 15 Posts