Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
turn ign off and with 5 secs pull or press the wipers switch to move wipers to service mode which means they stop in upright position

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Cleaning or replacing wiper blades
To clean or replace the wiper blades, the wiper arms should be in the upright
position.
To achieve this, switch the ignition switch from “ON” to “OFF” and, within
1 minute, pull the wiper switch towards you for 0.5 sec. The wiper arms will
move to the upright position.
To move the wipers back to the normal (park) position, switch the ignition on
and push the wiper switch upwards.

Pulled from the Quick Reference Guide
Same info as Deks post :D

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
excellent MB perfect description unlike mine think I might sticky this as its not the first time its been asked and wont be the last

·
Registered
31 Posts
One thing I will say is DO NOT LEAVE THEM UP AND SWITCH ON IGNITION. My wipers tried going back down to normal position and its scraped the paint clean off the edge of the bonnet!

·
Registered
555 Posts
jamesysam002 said:
One thing I will say is DO NOT LEAVE THEM UP AND SWITCH ON IGNITION. My wipers tried going back down to normal position and its scraped the paint clean off the edge of the bonnet!
IDontget that? to get them to go back down you have to turn on the ignition again and flick the wiper arm upwards for them to return.
Couldsomeone please clarify - weDontwant toi be taking the paint off.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Snout i think he means if you have lifted them away from the glass make sure that they are back down on it before turning on the ignition. T

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes it was totally user error, don't worry about that!
It does it on the new Volkswagen Polo as well, I work at a VW dealership and we had a case a couple weeks ago, it was totally user error but VW have paid for a whole new paint job on the bonnet as a gesture of goodwill. I'm not even going to TRY that with Nissan!

·
Registered
540 Posts
CC - You can usually get pretty close to what you need by measuring the length of the blades.

Buy Bosch though, I think they are the best after many years of testing all sorts. I think the ones we have are rubbish unless there is still a film on the windscreen from new. I must try giving it another clean soon.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Easiest way to get any cars wipers to stop in the the upright position is turn on the ignition switch, operate the wiper switch then turn off the ignition when the wipers reach the position you want them to be. You can then lift the arms forward to clean etc.
Once you have cleaned, place the arms back against the windscreen. Then turn the ignition back on, which will operate the wipers. Turn off the wipers using the wiper switch and the wipers will park again.. Most cars wipers are not hidden behind the bonnet lip and can be lifted without actually having to move them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts