Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored the other day and decided I would try to contact Japan about my main gripe... no heated mirrors.
Yes I know it has been flogged to death already but, juts thought I would air my feelings and share the reply.
The reply came through Nissan GB. Obviously my email was rerouted from Japan to them.
The jist of the letter I got was that the marketing team for Nissan GB had said "The demand for this specification has been minimal in the UK" - huh!!!
What part of GB does the marketing team live in? Is there more than one member of the marketing team? Do they all live abroad and only come back long enough to avoid being hurt by taxes? There should be no need to ask the question about heated mirrors, they should be standard.
The reply was just pathetic... what more can I say. Apparently they cannot be fitted after the car has been built so, the mirrors are obviously different to those in counties with 'very extreme and cold climate' to quote the words in the reply letter. What have the last two winters been like???
Well I am going to say more.
I will not let it rest till I get a reply from Japan themselves...
The marketing team assessment of the needs of the few in this case should outweigh the needs of the many.
Where I and many others live, the temperatures can get down to -20 and more during the winter. To expect drivers in this day and age to do without such a basic necessity as heated door mirrors is sheer folly. It harps back to the days when we had to stop now and then to clear the mirror before driving on.
My wife and I are paying the best part of £20,000 for our car and not to have such a fundamental standard fit is beyond belief.
I welcome the thoughts of the forum. For those that, like me, feel a strong need for the heated mirrors, I will not rest till I have a reply from Japan.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, that's it. Second email to Japan.
Tentatively waiting for a reply now.
I will keep you guys and gals posted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Out of interest, what reply are you hoping they will come back with that is different to the UK? They have said they cannot be retro-fitted (IMO anything is possible though), the specs don't anywhere suggest that the car comes with them (not that I saw anyway), and it looks like you have already ordered your car (or even received it).

Are you hoping for an apology for the 'assumption' the UK wouldn't want them, a suggestion as to how to retrofit, money off, or a-n-other?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The letter states that the mirrors cannot be fitted to cars delivered to this country. This leads me to think that it may be possible to have them 'factory fitted'.
This is all I want.
If Nissan GB marketing dept, are asked to apologize for not thinking about a few poor souls caught out in the middle of winter then, that's the icing on the cake.
We should at least have the option of such a basic technology. What's next - will we only get lights fitted to cars if we can prove it gets dark?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Dougal you definately need a response from Japan as Nissan GB will only respond with an answer that suits them ie beecause we dont have that item in the UK they will always say its not possible to fit them on UK cars, which we all know is rubbish anyway as all European 2wd Jukes are built in the UK
so if Scandanavia can have them why cant we.

·
Registered
796 Posts
OK, here in the Alps, I know that I will have this feature because I have checked and re-checed with my dealer.

I think that The "Marketing Team UK" based their decision on the fact that they feel the UK winters are mild incomparison to Continental Europe. However we all know that the winters back home in Blighty are getting colder and colder and this feature is much needed rather than "wanted".

Cars in a similar class, do they have the same feature?

I think that by sending e mail to Japan will just provide you with more frustration, no matter how gallant your efforts are.

I think a list of names (petition) would have far more clout as it would provide them with stats that could justify the addition od this feature in future models.

Although I have the option, I would singn to show support.

However, chill out or the Nissan giant will only see you as a customer with a militant attitude and could become more evasive.

·
Registered
144 Posts
^^ he speaketh sense

Thanks for the clarity though, at least I know what you are after now!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My Part X vauxhall Corsa
came with heated mirrors. Car cost like 8K
and was bottom of the range :(

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yah, Nissan are known to be a bit tight at times.... THey have been known to change spec without telling prospective owners and unless forums like this existed they would never had known.. They did that with the Qashqai...took away auto diimming mirros and mood lighting - and didnt announce it ...Deks has approached Nissan UK head honchos with a wish list of things owners would like but again - its yet to be seen exactly what will be added... presumably at a cost as the JUKE is doing well.I for one think there should be heated mirrors --- we dont all have lovely warm weather up in Scotland like many others in GB do...Fee x

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the support. It gladdens me to see at least some are thinking the same. Even if I was the only one concerned I would still take this approach. I believe (here I go on my Presidential band wagon) an individual has the right to be heard at the highest level and to be respected for what they say and not passed around from pillar to post.
Although, it might be policy for Japan to have Nissan GB to answer my query, it is not proper etiquette.
I thought I might be appealing to the old, honourable side of the Japaneze giant and therefore get a direct reply but, modern times seem to be changing all that.
I'm very happy to see old favourites answering the post too - still with us then Fee.
CC a petition is an idea but, I don't think we will get nearly enough signatures. It has been a hot potato on this forum but, overall I haven't seen nearly enough concern. Most people seem happy with what they have.
Thanks again for the input folks. Must get to work now and brave the roads in my loan Nissan Note and hope I don't get blown over, it is horrible in the wind...

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
My daughter's boyfriend (in Sweden) has e-mailed Nissan Sweden, and the local Nissan dealer, last month, about retrofitting heated mirrors but has received no reply from either (fairly typical for Nissan I suppose).

·
Registered
796 Posts
Im surprised that Sweeden does not have them as standard.

Even if I did not have this feature, Id still be content with my car. My Roadie does not have these fitted but my QQ does. I just accepted it as one of thise thing that "things are as hey are".

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Sweden does have them as standard. This was to see if, and how practical, a retrofit might be for UK models that haven't got them. If the Swedish Nissan Co. could do it, then there's no reason why the UK Nissan Dealers can't.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think Nissan Japan need it highlighting to them that whoever does the market research for them in the UK are not doing the job thoroughly enough & that the general consensus is that we would like them even if it has to be an optional extra at the very least! 

Or is it just a money saving exercise & we are being fobbed off with the market research excuse! 

Personally if the mirrors fold in automatically then I am hoping there won't be too many ice issues...yet to see though! I would much sooner have a heated front screen! 

And as my AWD is built in Japan & as far as I know yet to be started, could I request that heated mirrors be fitted..I doubt it lol 

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for all the interest in this post.
CC it would be interesting to hear what your dealer says but, with the reply I got I wander if the two types of mirror are physically different before they say they can't be retrofitted.
Landlaz, my Juke will be built in Japan as well and I have asked the question. Yes I also agree with your comment about the marekt researchers.
At the moment folks, I am hoping to get an aswer direct from Japan with the last email I sent to their 'Postoffice' email address.
I would love to get a proper email address for someone their but, so far my attempts have not been successful.
A couple of European dealers have responded but, sounds like their hands are tied and they are not allowed to type.
Kats, please be careful with the fotos, censoring my have to come into play

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finaly a reply from Japan. It might not have been what I wanted to hear but, at least it is straight from the horses mouth as follows:
" Thank you for your email concerning heated mirrors to be available for

the Nissan Juke in Scotland. First of all, we appreciate your patronage

of our products.

We have been in contact with Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd and understand that

they have made a reply to you. We sincerely appreciate your valuable

comment and understand your disappointment. As Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd has

informed you, internal feedback will be made to the Design team

regarding your comment for consideration when establishing future model

specifications.

Should you have further inquiries, please contact Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd

which represents Nissan in United Kingdom.

Sincerely,

Chikako TAGUCHI

Customer Communication Center "

Bummer..... don't think this is going any further, crap!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Dougal - Dont be downhearted --- Its additional feedback and if its been passed directly from Japan to GB, perhaps it has a little more clout....As you know Deks has brought this issue up with GB head office over the past few months and for all you or I know - it could be potentially on a future model.... Too late for you perhaps but even a retro fit may be possible. at some point... I must admit I had heated mirrors on my Civic and it is really helpful.Hats off to you though for your persistance - it may undoubtedly pay off....Fee x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts