1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to everyone.

Im doing Lands End 2 John O'Groats this month, I have put a website together

www.darrenlejog.weebly.com

to promote my cycle ride, could you please spend a little of your time to have a look and help me with a couple of problems, I will need some help with getting through Bristol, any of you cycle and live in the bristol area could you help me??, ride with me through the short cuts that you may know, Also Glasgow I really need some help getting through there Fee, any advice? again any Jukers in Glasgow with cycles that can ride with me and get me through to Dumbarton. Also you can send me messages to give me the motivation to carry on, my route page has a lot of towns and villages if you live there any chance of a brew and maybe I can fill my water bottles
. Ive got a visit and free brew at the other JOWs place (Juke of wellington Nissan) as I go through wellington.

Thanks and any help will be greatly appreciated.

JOWEdited by: deks36

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Just checked your route and you don't pass by us here. Good luck.

Do you have a just giving page for sponsorship.

Kat

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kat,

There is a link at the bottom of my webpage for sponsorship, very much appreciated.

JOWEdited by: deks36

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
OMG - I havent a clue about cycle routes through from Larkhall through GLasgow,, I've lived here all my days but have only ever driven!!!!! My routes would probably involve you getting killed as they would be predominantly motorway/major routes(not obviously allowed)I am going to speak to a couple of pals who are mad daft cyclists to see if they would have any ideas of routes... I am not even available to meet up with you on those dates - prior commitments
I will definitely try to get back to you...The very very best of luckFee xxx

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A big massive thanks to Fee for her very kind information, the Glasgow issue is now sorted.

Anyone from Bristol who fancys a very leisurely cycle through Bristol and over the big bridge into wales on Saturday 18 June please give ma a shout.

Also please visit my webpage and pop a bit of sponsorship into the pot for 2 fantastic charities.

Thanks

JOWEdited by: Jukeofwellington

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good morning all, been away for a while, busy training and with work.

Can I please bump this thread again.

I'm actually doing this now starting this Saturday 20th August, June was a no show due to an illness but now fully recovered and as the say bring it on, a few changes to the route, now decided to visit the isle of Arran, still need some help with accommodation in the Camelford area of Cornwall on Saturday night and in Helmsdale Scotland 30th August, if you can help Orr know anyone who can then you can get in touch via my webpage www.darrenlejog.weebly.com or via a message on here
But most importantly you can also sponsor me via the webpage, 2 fantastic charities Birmingham Children's Hospital and Help for Heroes.
If anyone fancys a ride out have a look at my route and join me all help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated, or if I'm riding past where you live just give the juke wave

Thanks

JOWEdited by: Jukeofwellington

·
Registered
912 Posts
Good luck with the long ride Darren.
Can't help in any way, but have sent a small donation through Paypal for your worthy cause.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Geoff Juke,

Thank you so much it is very much appreciated, I was out getting my last bits for the ride and was pinged from my charity page, a nice feeling when I see that some one has sponsored me.

Thank you again

JOW

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Come on you guys - You Juke owners are a very very generous bunch....Worthwhile cause, think of the distance covered and compare the comfort of your JUKE seats to a bicycle seat for an equivalent journey... it makes you shudder to see the nick of Daz at the end of the journeyGive generously - it is a fab cause..
Good on ya Daz..... Onwards and upwards.... oo -erFee xxx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts